Big Stig reveals alternate GoW III ending

Thursday, 29th April 2010 09:54 GMT By Patrick Garratt

godofwar33

God of War III dev boss Stig Asmussen has told GamePro some pretty major bananas to do with the ongoing story in the series. Warning: spoilers.

Check this out.

“What David Jaffe talked about doing was – and I’m not sure how it would happen – basically, you destroy Greek mythology and then Norse mythology is right around the corner,” Asmussen told the site.

“That’s the next thing that Kratos would go after. It becomes clear at the end that he’s going to become this harbinger of death across different mythologies in the world and maybe carry the series on from there.”

Jaffe then dropped the following on Twitter, as reported by Kotaku. “I assure you my story was not as simple as Kratos going after the Norse gods. There is an element of truth but it goes far beyond,” he tweeted.

He also said: “I love Cory, he rocks. But that was my idea. Blades of Chaos becomes the Scythe of the Reaper. BUT still, lots more. Up2Sony2reveal.”

Bonkers. Thanks, Eurogamer.

1. mington

Stigs a douche bag, he ruined the story! Did that game have any writers?

I want geeky nerd men making my games

2. Gheritt White

Norse mythology right round the corner from ancient Greek mythology? Sure, if you consider circa one thousand years to be just round the corner, with the rise of both Christianity and Islam inbetween.

Now, Kratos taking on Jesus… that would be truly awesome.

3. mington

David Jaffe twitter reaction:

4. mington

i’m half tempted to write he’s a douche bag on his Giant bomb page…would that get approved?

i’m been searching for his gamertag, i bet all he plays is MW2 and UFC

I bet the fucking bearded Russian guy will be in charge of the next game

Fucking douche bags, ruin my game

5. dirigiblebill

Penny Arcade called it.

6. mington

giant bland brown cubes

douche bags

7. mington

Kratos becoming Death! wouldn’t that have been so good. Kratos dons the reapers cape and hood.

Greatest video game ending ever

fucking douche bags

8. DaMan

Kratos vs. Jesus and the Apostles :) would be brilliant actually.

9. The Hindle

I think Santa Monica should do a game based on Norse Myths but start over with new characters. Kratos becoming death depends he should be like Death from family guy that dude is hilarious. :D

10. Phoenixblight

Fuck Jaffee’s ending the one they finished with was perfect. Now it gives them freedom to do another IP. Time to move on.

11. mington

perfect: entirely without any flaws, defects, or shortcomings

(damn, i wanted to link to a youtube video of Dr Evil saying “riiiiiiiiiiight” but there isn’t one)

12. ianbenoir

oh… just like saint seiya!

13. Wonko

@ianbenoir: Haha! I’m still waiting for that fabled “Zeus Chapter”