HMV outs possible Bond game – James Bond: Bloodstone

Wednesday, 21st April 2010 16:23 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

bond

UK retailer HMV has outed what appears to be the name of the oft rumored Bond racing game from Bizzare, and it’s listed as James Bond: Bloodstone.

The Bond racer has been in the rumor mill for what seems eons, and is affectionately known as James Bond Racing.

EastEnders’ doctor Adam Croasdell revealed in November last year that he was the voice of Bond in game that was “a third-person shooter with a mix of driving elements”.

The racer Bizzare has been working on is set for release in Q4 this year, and it is backed up by a leaked GAME release list given to VG247 by an anonymous source.

HMV has the game listed in the driving/racing section of the site, which GamesRadar points out is a bit odd for a FPS game with driving elements.

Bizzare is working on both an action game and racer for Activision, so it’s possible that HMV could have gotten its wires crossed, or just needed a placeholder for the game.

Yesterday EON Productions, producer of the James Bond films, announced that it had postponed work on Bond 23 indefinitely after uncertainty surrounding the future of MGM Studios.

1. mington

I hope Jaws drives a mini with his head stuck out the sunroof

2. blackdreamhunk

hhhmmm a bloodstone is a alchemists secret project.I have always wanted to what is a real bloodstone is.

the last james bond game did not do so well.

3. DaMan

I still remember the crappy James Bond racing game on PS1.

4. Stephany Nunneley

@1 Day one buy here if that is the case!

5. DeSpiritusBellum

bdh: The ultimate goal of alchemy was the discovery of the Philosopher’s Stone.

A bloodstone is a crappy mineral that you buy for your girl when you can’t afford any better, and then you feed her a long story about how bloodstone is actually much, much better than all the other gems because I don’t know… You have to kill an elephant with your bare hands to get one, or it’s rumored to have been mined in Atlantis.

Basically anything that a chick would believe.

Anyway, this sounds like Spy Hunter with an extra helping of spy.

6. DJ Deathstar

@mington

Thats a Golden Eyedea!

7. dirigiblebill

“Basically anything that a chick would believe.”

Oh no you diiiiiiiiiii’n't.

8. DeSpiritusBellum

@7 Oh yes I diddums! The truly sad thing is that I’ve actually done that and gotten away with it. Thank God for estrogen.

9. subversus

that’s a fine ass right there…

10. DeSpiritusBellum

@9 I’m sure he’d love to hear you say that

11. dirigiblebill

I’m sure Steph’s vengeance, when it comes, will be protracted and delicious. Like a giant Swiss roll.

/awaits nob joke

12. DeSpiritusBellum

@11 Hey, there was no pun intended. It’s just that when I think of bloodstone I think of lying to chicks faces and marvelling at their response.

I don’t know Steph, but she likes games enough to write about them, so she’s basically like a dud… Err, I should probably just stop it right there.