Crazy Taxi, Sonic Adventure outed for Xbox Live Arcade

Sunday, 18th April 2010 18:33 GMT By Johnny Cullen

crazy taxi

Digiex has leaked shots from several unannounced Arcade games that look set for a release soon, including Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi.

The forums also has unofficial shots of the game up and running, as well as Quake Arena Arcade, which was previously confirmed for a release on Xbox Live Arcade.

Last we heard on that was that it was playable at last year’s Quakecon alongside Doom II.

The forums also has a list of other games coming to the service, such as Metal Slug XX, King of Fighter 2002 and Raystorm HD, plus more.

There’s more through the link.

Thanks, TheDutchSlayer.

1. justiceblob

Fucking yes, if they have the license to the original soundtrack, then this is going to be my crack.

2. xino

Sonic Adventure
    Sonic Adventure DX (PC)
    Sonic Adventure Dx (Gamecube)
    NOW Sonic Adevnture Xbox Live….seriously:/

3. Bulk Slash

I’ve been replaying Crazy Taxi on the Dreamcast recently, it’s still the best version as the Crazy Boost was easy to pull off. All the ports to other systems made it nearly impossible to do for some reason, which meant chaining the move to get really high scores was not possible.

So hopefully this will be an emulation of the DC version, and that also means we could get ports of Jet Set Radio, Shenmue, Daytona, Code Veronica, etc.

4. Boris Fett

If Jet Set Radio Future was made available on Xbox Live… my life would be complete.

5. mington

Jet set radio must be on the cards! although it didn’t sell well the first time round, perhaps they think the same would happen this time.

I played Crazy taxi ALOT back in the day, but i think i’ll give it a miss as i keep buying all these arcade games for nostalgia reasons then getting bored with them after an hour. so i think i’ll just hit the trail. I’d pick it up if they have created another course/map….which i highly doubt.

i’m surprised chu chu rocket isn’t on live yet, or power stone! bring on the dreamcast revival

6. DJ Deathstar

Hurray for Crazy Taxi!!!

Would love to see Power Stone/Jet Set Radio on xbla but most of all my favourite Dreamcast title has to be Toy Commander! No Cliche the devs went bust though :(

7. Gheritt White

Another big hurrah for Crazy Taxi!

The fact Capcom has never returned to Power Stone is such a sin, I’d love four-way battles in HD on a big screen!

8. OlderGamer

I have a long list of Sega Saturn and Dreamcast ports I’d like to see. Already got MvC2. But I’d love Gaurdian Heros(Saturn), Daytona USA, Phantasy Star Online(just give me BC on the first one), Armada, and Panzer Dragoon. Those would work.

CT is a fun ride, but kinda shallow for my taste. Good for a xbla game I guess. Sonic is Sonic, good stuff.

9. mington

i never got to play Gaurdian Heroes i think buckled and part exchange my saturn for a playstation before it was released.

But that would be sweeeeeeeeeet!! and Panzer Dragoon Orta off the xbox would make a good xbla title

@8 Crazy taxi has more depth then you may think when you get into the power dashing, whilst driving you had to ‘flick from reverse to drive then slam the gas’ and you got an insane, almost uncontrollable burst of speed

but then again, i wouldn’t play it nearly as much as i did way back when

10. OlderGamer

Gaurdian Heroes is still on my top ten list of greatest games of all time. Its that good.

Sega has a long list of games I’d love to see done and done well. Gh is at the top of that list for me, but also I would enjoy a new Shinng Game.

I just don’t want any of them on a handheld.