PS Store updates to move to Tuesday and Wednesday

Friday, 16th April 2010 09:47 GMT By Johnny Cullen

psnlogoa

Used to your PlayStation Store updates on a Thursday? Get ready for change, as Obama once said.

The store will now be update on a Tuesday in the US and Wednesday in Europe from the beginning of May, as mentioned by SCEA in the latest episode of Pulse and SCEE’s Mike Kebby on the EU PS Blog, which means no more of Microsoft getting some sort of exclusive for a day.

The last Thursday update will take place on April 29. Best get that into your diary, then.

Thanks, Joystiq.

1. Blerk

Well… no chance of Microsoft getting a ‘sort of’ exclusive for a day providing you’re in the US.

2. Yoshi

About time…

3. Razor

Fucking finally.

4. Mauller

I never understood why they chose Thursday anyway. Tuesday’s are typically new release day for games and movies.

5. mington

Uk is Friday for games, tuesday would be good to break up the week. wonder how mainy sales they could poach…for example:

a new arcade release and i’m really excited to play it, lets say its the new game from the creator of braid, i have both consoles, which ever console it comes out on first gets my sale (even though psn is more expensive)

but for those MUST HAVE IT STRAIGHT AWAY games, having it released on your console a day earlier will bag you alot of sales

6. Mauller

I have to admit that I don’t like purchasing games from the PSN. I don’t want to have to download it, then install it. Or if it’s a demo that I like and want to buy it, I then have to purchase it, then download it again, then install it again and then delete the demo.

7. mington

the UI of the PSN is complete horse, the Americans PSN is a bit better with categorises for demos and such, but still way off the mark. How difficult can it be to rejig it, give me a month and i could probably do it for gods sake…and i’m a moron

A FUCKING MORON

8. frostquake

PSN US Store is a Mess as well. They were having troubles even getting the updates up on Thursdays..sometimes it wouldn’t update till 9-10pm Thursday night here in the US.