Screens – The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Thursday, 25th March 2010 16:58 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Twitcher2

CD Projekt RED has released some screens from The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, and you can get the lot below the break.

Looks mighty fine so far.

You can also check out the new videos through here.

Game’s out during Q1 2011 for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.

1. Phoenixblight

Still looks like its on the Aurora Engine. They didn’t have the money to spend it on a better engine?

2. Stephany Nunneley

They updated the engine, according to the devs, plus all of this is still rather rough and still needs polishing from what they keep saying.

3. Phoenixblight

How much updated can it really be? Bioware already put the Eclipse engine which was used on DAO. Guess work with what you know. Hopefully they actually test it this time.

4. Stephany Nunneley

I just just never figured out why the original never ran well on either the PC or laptop, and the laptop has excellent specs – or did last year.

Maybe I just had the graphics too high.

5. Phoenixblight

My PC was beyond the specs still had memory leak and constant crashing. Even with all the patches it still did it just did it less frequently.

6. Stephany Nunneley

Same here. I still loved it though.

7. endgame

played on med to high on a an average lappy. and it never crashed. idk why u guys had problems with it.

as for the engine, Phoenix seriously dude. r u telling me that the difference between tw1 engine and this one is small? it’s sky high. and u can see that from the screenshots only. and after u see the dev diary movie u realize it’s even higher. they also got advanced physics now. this one is much much better. not that the first one was too bad. it just needed a bit more optimization.

8. Phoenixblight

I looked at the screens and watched the dev video, it doesn’t look like its much of a difference besides the physics.

9. TomisH

12 shots have been released, you guys have got 8. The rest of them can be found here: http://www.gamikaze.pl/Galerie/The_Witcher_2_Assassins_of_Kings_PC_Galeria_1.aspx

Btw – the engine is proprietary. CDP RED created it themselves.

10. Mauller

I still need to go back and finish this game. It was such an awesome experience but my gamer ADD took over and I bounced between too many games and didn’t get back to it.

11. Phoenixblight

You are right they did kick the Aurora engine good for them. Even though I have been whinning about the game, I can’t wait. While the original was good it had huge flaws with it like the ones I previously stated. Hopefully they can pull it off.

12. Keivz

Looks miles ahead of tw1 to me. Looks more like uncharted 2 tbh. Here’s hoping the sys req are not through the roof.

13. Dannybuoy

Is that David Beckham to the right? ;-)

14. fearmonkey

If they can have graphics on consoles that approach the screenshots that evidently came from PC, this will be a real treat. The interface was very PC oriented, i hope they dont dumb it down to have both versions the same.

I wish the white wolf console version would have made it sniff sniff…

I’m not sure I understand the complaints about the Aurora Engine on the first game, on my pc, with the highest res and everything bumped up, it looked amazing.

15. Phoenixblight

They made new engine in house so it could be scaleable just like Crystal Tools. That shows that they have a plan to release on console.