God of War III demo now available on EU PS store

Thursday, 25th February 2010 15:43 GMT By Johnny Cullen

godofwariiia21

SCEE has announced that the God of War III demo that was released last year to specific PSN users is now available on the EU PS store.

Previously, only a handful of specific PSN users could access the taster last October, with pre-orders from retailer Game being the most recent.

SCEE did tell us last week it would be available publicly, but the date was TBC.

Well, it’s now available for all.

The demo comes in at a mammoth 2.6Gb, and is the same level that was shown at E3 last June. It’s worth a punt anyways. It’s awesome.

God of War III is set for a release in the US on March 16 and a yet TBC date of March 19 for the UK.

The full EU PS store update will be posted shortly.

Thanks, EU PS Blog.

1. Razor

Game has gone Gold, surely Santa Monica could have put together a new one.

2. mington

2.6Gb! i don’t even think it’ll be worth bothering with 4 hour download for a 10min demo

3. Gekidami

According to the French PSM3 review this demo really isnt very representative of the full game anymore in terms of visuals.
    4 hour download? Seriously, change ISP.

4. The Hindle

According to Nathan Irvine of Gamesradar nothing comes close to the graphics.

5. mington

well my xbox downloads go like shit off a shovel, but for some reason these ps3 downloads go slow like a mutha fucka, does it make a difference if everyone in the country is downloading it at the same time?

6. daytripper

the framerate on this demo is awful from what i can remember,

7. reask

Not really my type of game but I am going to try demo as I have heard so much good about this one.

8. Eregol

There’s a couple of low texture points, and I didn’t have too many issues with the frame rate.
    The graphics are frankly beautiful though, and the sound is lovely too.
    Hearing the chains clack away really is something.

9. Gekidami

“Does it make a difference if everyone in the country is downloading it at the same time?”

Not sure. I just downloaded the DarkSiders demo in about 15mins and thats 1.3GB. Nothings ever taken me over an hour. You got all the right ports open?

10. Dr.Ghettoblaster

“Nothings ever taken me over an hour.”

Ditto. Except for shit-ass MGS4 updates…..

11. OlderGamer

I think that is the way it works for everyone. Lest in my experience. Our XB downloads fly, and our PS3 downloads crawl. Its bad. I only personialy know two other people with both systems, and they each claim to have the same trouble.

I live in the States.

I have found that pluging a cord into the PS3 improves things.

12. daytripper

@8 dont get me wrong i really enjoyed the demo I just think enough time has passed they could of released a new demo with the release date so short.

13. Hunam

Is this the same demo that was at the EG expo? I wasn’t so fond of that one.

14. RoarrrUK

“I have found that pluging a cord into the PS3 improves things.”

tbh I find the wireless slow on the ps3, never tried 360 wirelessly, so I use ethernet-over-powerlines instead. PS3 downloads for me faster than my 360 downloads (both wired)average download rates ~ 1.4MB/s on ps3 ~1MB/s on 360. No ideas why.

As for GoW3, I too am disappointed it’s not a new build. I’ve pre-ordered nonetheless. looks stunning.

15. mington

i have a wired connection, when its plugged into my xbox, i’ll download a gigabyte in 10-15minutes

but same wire plugged into my ps3 will download a gigabyte anything up to 45min

but playing games online runs fine

in da UK innit

maybe its like the distance from download mirrors or something, i haven’t a fucking clue what i’m talking about :P

16. daytripper

@13 did the EG expo demo involve the lava giant and flying through that cave thingy?

17. reask

@ roarrrUK
    Same here both wired and PS3 seems to be a little quicker alright.

18. RoarrrUK

*remembers when it used to take 30-45mins to download a tiny mp3 on dialup* 1.4 / 1 mb/s, regardless, glad technology has moved on.

19. OlderGamer

We have a xb360 and a PS3 at the oppesite end of our house a good 60 feet away from our wireless linksys router. Both connect wirelessly. Damn MS and their near 100usd adapter! But the xb connection is still stronger and faster then the PS3 one.

Even in our living room, where we have a xb and a PS3 connected with a hardwire, the xb is faster. I think it is the service plan and simple.

But the PS3 with the wire does download faster, I would say a good 50% faster or better then the wirelessly connected one.

It is what it is.

And yes we can game over any of the connection fairly smoothly. But downloading games and movies is a different story.

EDIT:

I wonder if region plays a factor. PS3 is fairly established in UK/Euro, so I wonder if MS is less invested there(servers/bandwidth/etc). Maybe thing of the such even the services out. I don’t know. I can tell you without a doubt that where I live, EVERYONE will look you in the eye and tell you w/o blinking that LIVE > PSN for speed, stability, and general service. Prolly makes us sound like fanboys to some, but it just the way it is. Maybe the services provided do indeed vary acording to regions?

20. RoarrrUK

March is turning out to be crazy.
    Gow3, BFBC2, Metro2033. Shouldn’t complain I guess.

21. Gekidami

Its the old E3 demo which was also at the EG expo so yeah, its that one.

I’d assume the reason they arent releasing a newer one is because this one is already on PSN, all they’ve had to do it link it back onto the store front. With a new demo they’d have to reup it.

22. McLovin85

So psyched for this game and as i never had the chance to try the demo before i’m dling it like a mothertrucker right now.

23. The Hindle

The Gow 3 trophies have recently been revealed cant find em now though. There are on N4g somewhere.