THQ as released a new video for the Chaos Rising expansion to Dawn of War II.
In it, lead designer Daniel Kading gives a behind-the-scenes look at Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II – Chaos Rising and the multiplayer units included.
He chats a bit about the Weirdboy, Genestealer, and Wraithguard – which all look like you’re going to want them in some capacity.
Here’s a breakdown of the multiplayer units for you:
- Librarian (Space Marines) – Psyker unit capable of powerful damage and support spells. Inspires surrounding marines when killing in melee.
- Weirdboy (Orks) – The Weirdboy is a long range support unit and caster. Charge his energy by putting him near da boyz and having them shout.
- Wraithguard (Eldar) – Slow moving short range heavy infantry, they move more quickly with a warlock nearby but are stunned if the warlock dies.
- Genestealer Brood (Tyranids) – An elite melee unit that infiltrates after staying still for enough time. Adrenal Rush ability grants increased speed, lifesteal and increased damage.
- Tyrant Guard (Tyranids) – A large durable melee unit, moves faster in synapse. Can use the Shieldwall ability which regenerates health and reduces incoming damage.
All the units will be free for existing DoW 2 players upon release.
The expansion’s out March 11 in the US
Check the video out over on Rock, Paper, Shotgun.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.