SCEE registers Motorstorm3.com domain

Monday, 22nd February 2010 07:15 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Motorstorm Pacific Rift

SCEE’s registered Motorstorm3.com, according to filings found at the weekend.

The WhoIs records tie to the firm’s headquarters in London, with the domain itself, registered on Friday according to the records, linking back to the official EU PlayStation website.

This is the first mention of a proper sequel to Motorstorm: Pacific Rift, which was released in 2008 for PlayStation 3.

A PSP spin-off, Arctic Edge, hit last year.

The original Motorstorm launched alongside PS3 as a new IP from Evolution Studios in Liverpool after a shady reveal at E3 2005 during Sony’s press conference.

We’ve asked Sony for comment.

From TGL, via Kotaku.

1. Robo_1

Loved the second one, but I hope things are sufficiently mixed up for this one. We’ve had the dessert, the jungle and the ice – how about an urban setting, tearing through skyscrapers, car lots and Burger Kings….

I love the franchise, I just hope the third instalment doesn’t tread water creatively.

2. Johnny Cullen

I wasn’t impressed with MS2, but the original I loved. It was probably my most played launch title.

In fact, I still have the first title compared to Pacific Rift.

3. KAP

Never played any of PS3s launch titles. Not missing out on much am i?

4. Erthazus

@3 you missed a lot. Especially the split screen with 4 players.

Evolution studios made Motorstorm 1,2 EACH for one year.

After that they are making something for more then 2 years and now it has a potential to become the best arcade racing game of 2010 or 2011.

5. Syrok

Heh, just played MS2 again last night. Great little racer, still wish they would have offered some of the tracks from MS1 as DLC or even better as unlockables at the end of the game.

6. iBirch

Never picked up any of MS games, wanted MS2 just never got round to it, will defo be picking this one up tho.

7. Detale

Loved both of the Motorstorm games, had some great times online with Pacific Rift. I’ll be interested to see where they plan on going next, as far as location is concerned. Maybe they’ll mix it up and go Motorstorm: World Tour? I hope not as I quite liked the festival aspect of the other games, keeping a similar theme and location running throughout.

8. Retroid

Pacific Rift is a great racer, really enjoyed it.

That’s in comparison to the first Motorstorm which I thought was a bit poor.

Put it this way: when I picked up my PS3 with MotorStorm & Resistance I expected to enjoy MS (I like my racers, I like ‘e, off-road) and to only have a slight bit of fun with Resistance. Turned out the other way around.

9. get2sammyb

I will go nuts if MotorStorm 3 is essentially a next-gen WaveRace. Fucking NUTS. I hope that’s what they’re doing.

10. SplatteredHouse

@ Syrok: That would be strange, because for one of the badges, you need to have played through the first game. If you had, what point would it be to have them also in the second game?

11. Syrok

The point would be that I can play the same tracks again but in a prettier version. :)

12. Dr.Ghettoblaster

comment #9:
    I could not agree with you more! I’ve been WAITING for a next-gen WaveRace/Spashdown type game and surprised there’s literally nothing on the market right now in that genre.

SHOW ME THE WATER!!!!!!