Fourth Valkyria Chronicles DLC pack releasing this Thursday

Monday, 22nd February 2010 14:56 GMT By Johnny Cullen

valkyriachronicles

Sega’s announced it’s releasing the fourth DLC pack for Valkyria Chronicles on the PS Store this week.

The content, titled “Challenges of the Edy Department,” includes six new maps for the SRPG, with each of them focusing on a strength of each the classes in the game.

No price was given for the pack.

Sega first announced the DLC last year in what could honestly be described as the shortest PR in history.

A sequel, Valkyria Chronicles II, is due for a release in the west this summer for PSP.

PR below.

SEGA ANNOUNCES NEW DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT FOR VALKYRIA CHRONICLES FOR PS3

SEGA® of Europe Ltd. is pleased to announce that new downloadable content for Valkyria Chronicles™ on PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system will be available for download on PlayStation®Store on 25th February 2010.

The new content, “Challenges of the Edy Detachment,” will contain six new maps to play through, with each map designed for the different soldier classes within Edy’s team. Whether you’re a Scout, Lancer or Shocktrooper, you’ll be able to use the skills of each class to fight your way through various battles.

1. The Hindle

Good news i hope its story based dlc. Not enough people bought this game so if you own a Ps3 buy it people!!

2. Detale

I’ve got it, bloody great game, but have got to start all over again as I lost my game save when my old PS3 died.

I’m so bored of typing that. I wish I could retrieve my old saves from the hard disk of my original PS3.

Anyway, great game and all that.

3. mington

i got it for 14quid brand new off amazon before Christmas, i got about half way through the game, but i haven’t touched it in months

Vyse died!!!

4. The Hindle

Mington let me guess you got stuck on the Batomis its a bitch of a boss

5. No_PUDding

I got stuck on the final fight against whatever his name is (the tank commander). I wanna say his name was Jericho, even though that’s wrong.

Anyway, the amount of tanks, anti tanks, gun placements, and snipers just makes it the most difficult, and therefore time-consuming and grueling fight in the game.

No reason for me to finish it, I thought.

6. Erthazus

It is one of the best games in Ps3, probably the best game.

Its just they had not enough marketing. No, i’m wrong. there were no marketing at all.

7. mington

i got up to a level where theres a massive no-mans land in the middle of the map, you start on one side and have to get to the other and capture there bases, then big tits turns up and you have to shoot her in the face alot with your tank….

i did that…

then there was a level with two massive mortar tanks, i killed them…um

i think that was the last level i played, i just started playing something else and haven’t gone back

it only dawned on me at the end that you could save mid mission, the amount of times i had to completely restart mission coz some fucker got a luck shot on my tank

8. The Hindle

There is a easy tactic to the final boss Pud look it up on the net.

9. mington

the game should be called ‘Point blank machine gun to the face’ Chronicles

10. The Hindle

Or the main baddie has unbelivably big tits chronicles.

11. mington

i liked the bikini side mission ;)

12. Detale

@ mington & The Hindle

Either of those names would have increased sales by 1000%. For sure.

13. Mauller

I finally picked up a PS3 about 2 weeks ago and my buddy is getting me this game for my birthday in a few days. I can’t wait to play it. I loved the demo fight.