Sat, Feb 20, 2010 | 16:31 GMT
FarmVille now boasts 80 million monthly users
If you need proof that social gaming is seeping into every corner of the world’s daily life, look no further than Zynga’s FarmVille, which passed the 80 million monthly user mark as of today.
Want more stats? Here’s some to ponder:
- FarmVille had 31 million daily active users, up from around 27 million daily active users on Feb 2, 2009.
- Weekly active users now stand at 54 million up from 49 million on Feb 2, 2009 with the game gaining 4 million daily active users in less than 2 weeks – around 35 percent growth.
- When Zynga launched a fund raising campaign for Earth Quake relief in Haiti, Farmville gamers donated more than $1 million by buying virtual gifts.
- On Valentine’s Day, Farmville users sent more than 220 million Valentine’s Day virtual gifts in 18 hours.
- Zynga launched some special Super Pumpkins during the fall, only available to users who were a fan of Farmville’s fanpage. This resulted in Farmville’s fanpage blasting past 20 million fans, up from 10 million in January.
- Facebook now has 400 million registered users, up from 350 million users back in Dec, 2009. While Facebook gained 50 million users in the past two months, Farmville managed to acquire 10 million users – a growth of around 14 percent for both Facebook and Farmville.
- Out of the 200 million users who log in to Facebook every day, 15 percent are playing FarmVille.
- 1.2 percent of the world population plays Farmville on a monthly basis.
Don’t bother sending us an invitation – we have the application blocked.
More through the links.