Sat, Feb 13, 2010 | 21:48 GMT
Prepare to be assimilated – Borg conflicts arise in Star Trek Online
Star Trek Online players will be pleased to know that not only can they look forward to more Klingon content being released for the MMO, but more PvP as well.
Oh yeah, and the Borg.
Over the next two months, Cryptic will be rolling out the goodies with three new high-level Episodes centered around “that classic Alpha Quadrant menace”, the Borg.
This should make the over one million registered users rather happy Captains.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Collateral Damage – Help save civilians caught in a battle between the Borg and Undine.
- Recovery – In this follow-up to Collateral Damage, Rescue colonists infected by the Borg virus and fight Undine determined to destroy them!
- State of Q – Q transports you back in time to do him a special favor.
- Raid Episodes for both Klingon and Federation
- Infected – Investigate a federation station that Starfleet has lost contact with.
- The Cure – A planet has been completely taken over by the Borg. Fight them for control of the planet.
- Khitomer Accord – Travel back in time and uncover and participate in the events that led to the release of old Borg you encountered in the Tutorial Episode.
- Into the Hive – Track down a missing Starfleet captain and come face to face with the new Borg Queen.
- Klingon Fleet Actions – Form up with your closest friends and do battle in large engagements.
- A New Klingon Ship – You asked for it, we made it: A Tier 2 Klingon Battle Cruiser.
- Klingon Star Clusters – Seek out new life and civilizations … and subjugate them! Additional PvE content for the Klingon faction.
- Federation vs. Federation PvP – Practice against your allies before engaging your enemies.
- New Ground Maps – We’ll be adding a new Ground Assault PvP map, as well as a new ground Fleet Action.
- More IP Locations – Check out Rura Penthe and our whole solar system, from Mercury to Pluto.
That’s quite a bit of content, there.
Head on over to the official site to check out the newest screens and the full update notes.