Rockstar confirms LA Noire for fall

Tuesday, 9th February 2010 19:05 GMT By Johnny Cullen

LA Noire

Rockstar’s said today it’ll release LA Noire this fall.

The news was confirmed on Twitter.

We have not announced a specific release date yet, but L.A. Noire is coming this fall. Stay tuned.”

It was first speculated at the weekend it’d be out in September, according to a tweet by GTTV host Geoff Keighley.

It was announced last week, after previously being a PlayStation 3 exclusive, the Team Bondi title would be released on both Xbox 360 and PS3.

It’s on the new issue of Game Informer from this week.

1. NoxNoctisUmbra

Aww too bad, no more PS3 exclusive.. they really could of use FULL bluray potential, as well PS3 processing potential.. meaning, bigger game.. most shit to do… just look at uncharted 2 and KILLZONE 2, what other games compare in terms of details and graphics.. not to mention long story campaigns? MGS4? took 24 hours to beat! and you are not stuck with just ONE location!

2. Aimless

Has theevilaires opted for a name change?

3. Moonwalker1982

Uncharted 2 only being the real impressive game there, Kilzone 2 was overhyped and overrated as hell IMO and in the end it just wasnt too special at all. It’s a good thing it’s coming for 360 as well.

4. Erthazus

I hope it will come to PC, as much as i love my PS3 i enjoy games on my PC more then on consoles due to graphic settings and better controls.

I still can’t understand why they are releasing it on PS3/X360 and not on the PC.

@1 Relax, PS3 have Agent that wil probably will use PS3 power and blu ray features.

5. onlineatron

What’s with the unreasonable nature of these comments?

@1 Get over it

@3 Killzone coming to 360? You LAIR!

6. onlineatron

Oh, scratch that… I see you mean It’s a good thing La Noire is coming to 360.

7. polygem

@NoxNoctisUmbra: what about using your FULL brain potential?

8. polygem

…also glad it´s coming to 360 as well…so i´ll be able to play it with FULL controller potential…

9. Quiiick

@ polygem

… you mean this clumsy 360 controller? :(
    Unfortunately I’m forced to use this terrible thing right now, since MassEffect2 is not available on PS3.
    On the other hand, it will make me love my PS3 pad even more next month when playing BFBC2 and Heavy Rain. :)

10. onlineatron

Oh dear…. it’s a controller for fuck sake!

Neither are awful enough to be deal breakers and both have their flaws.

I’d say the 360 controller feels better overall but the d-pad sucks. That said, the dualshock is still an iconic, perfectly functonal, design despite It’s janky triggers.

Oh and I may be in the minority but I prefer how R1 and L1 feel for shooters over and pad’s triggers.

11. Psychotext

Oh dear…. it’s a controller for fuck sake!

12. DaMan

I admit the 360 gamepad’s triggers are nice. but other than that Dualshock is better.

PAD WARZ!!! BRING THE NOISE, BITCHEZ!!

13. The_Villa

VG247 Award for best phrase including profanity:

Oh dear… it’s a controller for fuck sake!

14. DaMan

lairs, PC keyboard is clearly superior. especially for Devil May Cry style games!

my words are solid.

15. onlineatron

@Villa

I can’t accept that award as It’s bugging me so much that I left the apostrophe s off the word ‘fuck’

16. The_Villa

@onlineatron

Well, everyone makes mistakes.

VG247 Award for best phrase including profanity:

Oh dear… it’s a controller for fuck’s sake!

17. RGW1982

@ polygem

The PS3 Hardware Is Superior To The 360, This Is A Well Know Fact.

Try Using Your Brain Period.

Also Don’t Hate On Him Because YOU Play On An Inferior System, That Was YOUR Choice.

Killzone 2 Might Not Be The Greatest But The Graphics Are Way Better Then ANY First Person Shooter To Ever Hit Console Gaming, I Personally Don’t Like The Game But I Will Admit It Has Great Graphics.

18. Psychotext

“MGS4? took 24 hours to beat!”

Umm… I don’t know which version you played, but I can finish MGS4 in under three hours, and that’s not even close to the fastest time which is around 1hr 40min (and that’s including the 16 minutes of unskippable cutscenes and load screens and codec calls).

Admittedly, that’s going some. But even my first run was done with in under 12 hours.

19. The_Villa

@RGW1982

Is something weird happening with your keyboard? just asking.

20. Blerk

No, something weird’s happening with his brain. His keyboard’s fine.

21. JonFE

Is title case the internet way to make your *personal* opinion “A Wide Accepted Fact”?

22. Aimless

What’s a “Brain Period”? Sounds messy.

23. onlineatron

^Haha! :D

@PT, perhaps I’m slow but MGS4 took me 20hrs to best initially.

I also played MGO for around 30hrs. Considering I traded GTA4 in for it at launch and got the game for £20 I’d say I got moneys worth.

24. Psychotext

Blech… MGO? That it, I’m never talking to you again. :D

…and in fairness, there are 8 hours of cutscenes so if you didn’t skip any of them (and you suck) I can see why it might take nearly 20 hours. Not to mention the fact that the in game timer never stops, not even when you’re in the in-game XMB (which is dubious if you ask me).

25. zoopdeloop

It depends on how you play MGS4.
    On my first playthrough i finished it in under 13-14 hours(i was taking my time) and it did gave me the feeling that it was more cutscenes less gameplay
    On my second playthrough i clocked 19-20 hours and i played it as the game is supposed to be played “stealth” all the way,avoiding any confrontation possible even the most hard ones and i realised that gameplay and cutscenes are actually ballanced.

If someone plays it with the “alternative action-shooting” in mind he will finish it under 2-4 hours skipping all the cutscenes but that’s not the right way to play this game.
    Stealth all the way…
    Thus you can only achieve “Big Boss” rank if you don’t use recovery items,continues,guns(only tranquilizers)and you don’t get any alarm states that aren’t supposed to happen

26. Psychotext

Yes… but most of the fastest times ever have been in big boss mode. I actually looked it up and the current fastest is 1hr 34min done with 0 alerts etc.

That’s around 1hr 15min of actual gameplay. :D

27. zoopdeloop

But that’s a speed run psycho not gameplay of a game…Big Boss rank can be achieved without (alert phase) which means it leaves you the freedom of (caution phase) …big boss rank is a challenge.
    But the real deal of the game is to avoid being spotted,or leave traces (Caution Phase) ,avoid confrontation….and here comes “stealth”…that’s how the game is supposed to be played and you can actually clock 20 hours (including cutscenes which are 9 hours) so there is ballance between gameplay and cutscenes