New Dragon Age to be released on consoles, handhelds and PC

Monday, 8th February 2010 22:26 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Dragon Age Origins

EA’s confirmed in its Q3 FY10 results the recently announced Dragon Age title due in Q4 FY11 will be coming to handhelds as well as PC and consoles.

When it was released in 2009, Dragon Age: Origins was released on PS3, 360 and PC.

BioWare’s only mentioned Dragon Age 2 only once, which was from co-founder Greg Zeschuck, saying how “super hot” it’ll look graphically.

It was confirmed for a release tonight alongside Dead Space 2, the shooter it’s publishing from Epic and an unknown downloadable action title between January – March 2011.

1. BabyJesus

Wow, EA is really keeping Bioware busy.

It’s good news, I just hope that EA doesn’t burn them out. RPGs really aren’t the sort of genre that is ripe for yearly releases.

For now, more bioware= great.

2. Phoenixblight

What did they do hire a crap load of artists and designers put them in Bioware studios and say here make this. Not sure if I am liking the direction Bioware seems to be going.

3. Michael O’Connor

You don’t like them making stellar, dramatic, top-class RPGs that completely smash the competition into the ground in both quality and sales?

Okay then.

4. Phoenixblight

Thats not what I am saying what am saying is that what is being shown is they are pumping them out like a manafacurer with computers. Its been barely a few months since release of DAO and then expansion in March and now they plan on having the sequel out in less then 2 years. Shows on the surface they are not spending time on thier franchises.

5. Michael O’Connor

Who cares how fast it comes out if the quality is still up to standard? And it *is* still up to standard. You can’t say they’re “not spending time on their franchises” is the game are still absolutely stellar.

6. Phoenixblight

We don’t know the game isn’t out to say if it is/isn’t up to standard or whether it will be “stellar” We’ll see I am just skeptical, we see they aren’t doing so well and come close to the end of the quarter they are unloading all what is expected out of EA like a desperate person begging for another chance.

7. RGW1982

Dragon Age Is For World Of Warcraft Nerds.

8. Johnny Cullen

And let me guess: Mass Effect is for Star Trek/Star Wars geeks?

As for what Phoenix was saying, I do get the point. I hope and pray BioWare don’t burn out for a very long time or ever, even.

Just as long as they can remain consistant in their work like DAO (which I, personally, didn’t like, might be down to getting it on PS3, not 360 or PC) or Mass Effect 2 (which everyone should know by now I could gush about that for days on end), then it’s all good.

Basically, as long as they keep the magic going, does it really matter how short of a turnaround we see on sequels?

9. AHA-Lambda

Can they slow down with the dragon age stuff please? I am nowhere near finished and I’m leaving it on the backburner cos of all the other games coming out the now anyway :|