It’s official – GTA IV: Episodes from Liberty City coming to PS3 and PC

Friday, 29th January 2010 05:52 GMT By Nathan Grayson

gaytony1

Ever since their respective launches, GTA IV’s two DLC episodes have kept the GTA experience from going cold only on the Xbox 360. But no more. Today, Rockstar announced that GTA IV: Episodes from Liberty City is bringing a double-helping of DLC to PS3 and PC this March.

“It’s been a long time coming, but we are proud to finally deliver Episodes From Liberty City for the PC and PlayStation 3,” said Sam Houser. “We appreciate the patience of our PlayStation 3 and PC fans worldwide, and we look forward to putting the games in your hands this March.”

As with the Xbox’s variation on the theme, the episodes will be available for download online or in a retail package together.

So yeah. Go nuts.

Thanks, Kotaku.

1. Razor

Fiiinally.

2. Dannybuoy

Not bothered

3. Yoshi

Its too late now =/ but if i do get it it’ll be probz on the pc

4. onlineatron

For the right price I’d buy the bluray.

I take it we all expect Agent to go go multiplat now?

5. Yoshi

Most likely lol

6. Kaufer

And to think it cost $50 Million just for a short timed exclusivity for DLC. Alot of new games could be had with that amount. Sad.

7. Joe Anderson (wotta)

Shame no-one is bothered now.

8. onlineatron

@wotta

Two people have already expressed interest in purchasing it… and that’s just on this site.

Also, I’m surprised that Ps3 owners get it as dlc… I thought that was the big workaround. I thought MS has rights to the dlc and ps3 owners would see it on disk.

9. Robo_1

So did MS actually fund these releases, or did they really pay a whopping 50 mil for 12 months of exclusivity?

10. onlineatron

I think Rockstar must have found a loophole… I highly doubt MS would have been silly enough to only secure timed exclusivity.

11. Gekidami

Yet they were silly enought to only get timed exclusives on several other games they paid to develop? R* didnt sell MS the rights to anything, it was just a timed exclusive.

12. Redh3lix

Like everybody I know, we lost interest in GTA IV a loong time ago.

13. pumpkinhead303

Yeah, MS is silly enough for that, all they really care about is up front money, not a long term. We made X amount of money in this short of a time. but the never tell you what they spent to make X amount. I glad i held off, i’m totally buying this and if anyone hasn’t played them yet you should noes your chance… Support PS3

14. Blerk

Anyone saying they’re “not bothered” and it’s “too late now” needs a reality check. It’s only a few months since Gay Tony hit, and I only just finished both episodes last week – there’s 40+ hours of game here if you don’t race through it.

These are excellent, excellent games. They’re not just DLC, they’re experiences in their own right. And if you buy the disc version you don’t even need to still own the original GTA IV.

Seriously, these are fucking excellent. Get off your high horses and pick them up, you moaning buggers! :-D

15. NGCes26294BIV

I don’t expect Agent to go multiplat, although as a 360 owner I wish it would :-/

16. Blerk

It’s rather amusing how much people care about Agent given that it’s basically a game logo and nothing else at the minute. :-D

17. Robo_1

I was reading something about Agent being a PS3 exclusive, to off-set the 40 million Sony had pumped into L.A Noire, which subsequently went to Rockstar.

It all depends what deals were inked I suppose.

At the moment, Agent has two things going for it. A snazzy logo, and the fact that it’s an original franchise from the team who built GTA 3 – 4, and I’m going to guess it’s not the snazzy logo people are building their expectations on. ;)

18. KAP

Im happy.

19. Kaufer

I read about that rumour but the figure was $20 million cost of L.A. Noire to what is essentially a PS2-2003 game. And nowhere in that rumour it indicated Agent in the negotation. And whats the appeal of a Noir style GTA anyway?

20. NGCes26294BIV

Come on Blerk, you know better than that.

No-one is getting excited about a logo, they’re excited because it’s a new IP from Rockstar North.

The same will apply when Bungie, IW etc announce new IPs.

21. Blerk

And whats the appeal of a Noir style GTA anyway?

Are you kidding? I’m almost having a seizure just thinking about such a thing.

And yet… I can’t help but worry that L.A. Noire’s going to be terrible. Too long in the pot, etc.

22. Blerk

I’m just messing with you, NG. I know full well why people are giddy. It’d be nice to have had at least a teaser trailer, though.

23. NGCes26294BIV

I agree with you on LA Noire – I’m worried it won’t be very good. Anything made by Rockstar outside of ‘North’ is usually tat. That’s why I’m not getting my hopes up for RDR.

24. Blerk

The new Red Dead previews make it sound amazing, though. I’m seriously hoping that it’ll live up to its promise.

Not everything outside of North is bad, though – Bully was excellent.

25. Robo_1

You’re right, the figure was $20 million but it does seem that Agent was the price of Sony not pursuing their investment in L.A. Noire:

26. The Hindle

Yep these are both excellent games dudes dont be morons and play them. This sums up 3rd part exclusives for me so dont worry 360 fans you will get to play Agent someday

27. onlineatron

@Hindle

Yep, It’s just like how the last gen gtas eventually went to Xbox.

28. Badger

I care, I care lots. Very good news. I guess it’s about time I finish the base game now.

29. Johnny Cullen

I’m with Blerk.

Get them. For 360, PC and PS3, get them.

Either Eps or as DLC, get them. Especially Gay Tony.

That was good shit.

30. SplatteredHouse

Would have liked to have seen a new trailer, with footage from these versions.

31. scuz

well apparently “gta IV is old news” not in my opinion, i still rate it/play it quite often.

i’ve played them on the mates 360 but i’ll buy em for sure.

32. SlayerGT

THANK THE GODS OF ROCKSTAR!! I knew they wouldn’t leave us out forever. Awesome. Right around the corner too.

33. AHA-Lambda

YES! I was sure it would happen one day :) now I just need mass effeect 2 and splinter cell conviction :P

And yeah gta 4 may be old but the episodes ain’t some of you are just too cynical :P I’ll definitely pick this up, guess 50 million dollars doesn’t go too far nowadays :P

34. Blerk

Well, I guess it bought them what they wanted – a clear period of it looking like you had to have the 360 version in order to get the lot. I’m kind of guessing that anyone who hasn’t bought it by now would pretty much never bought it on 360, so releasing it on other platforms now benefits Rockstar and doesn’t really hurt Microsoft. Still not cheap for MS though – that’s not the kind of deal I’d want to cut. :-)

Hopefully the games will do better numbers now. It was kind of disappointing that more people didn’t pick these up given the number of people who bought the original GTA IV.

35. SplatteredHouse

Many people buy GTA IV. Some of those people finish GTA IV, then some others find GTA IV isn’t what they were looking for/thought they’d get…Number of people coming back for more: fewer.

36. Psychotext

@Blerk: Are we still saying that they paid $50m… L.O.A.N.

It should be even more clear now that it’s appearing on other platforms.

On topic. Good news, they’re both great little addons and it’s about time too.

37. SlayerGT

@Blerk

I didn’t buy it for the 360 for one reason. It’s goin to break. I know it is. And when it does, I wont buy another. I want to be able to play the game as long as “I” want. Not as long as “MS’s hardware” wants. Call me fed up.

38. Psychotext

That’s a bit stupid. You might as well sell the 360 now because by that argument you’ll never play anything on it.

39. SlayerGT

I keep it cause its not worth any money =) Trade in value on it is like 30 bucks hahaha! I keep it for Forza (mistake). I keep it for Crackdown. And I use it as a dvd player in my living room.

Simply, I wont buy another Xbox. Had the first and they cut it off at the launch of 360. Just four years later. The shortest life cycle next to the failing Dreamcast (which I enjoyed playing more). Then the RROD debacle. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice…

40. Psychotext

Out of interest… when did you buy it?

41. Blerk

I keep forgetting the ‘loan’ bit because everyone else does. :-D

42. SlayerGT

My first or second =) My first was basically a launch. I guess two weeks after launch. It broke shorty after and I returned it for cash. Only because I bought it from my work. I bought my second when RSV came out. It’s still good. But I feel that it’s because I haven’t touched it much since I got my launch 60-now-500gig PS3. In truth I played them both until my gold sub run out. Now it’s all PS3.

43. No_PUDding

Never ever thought this would happen.

I guess it was only ever a loan, but ergh, I am not that bothered, sorry Blek :P

44. loki

Thank you Rockstar to PC port, i can save my money, and spend them on something for my Xbox 360 or PS3. I have no desire to sponsor PC torrent user. And now i not sure to buying Red Dead Redemption

45. sherryplus

now that’s crazy, lol imma ask the guys over
    http://anime720.com/ to make a post about it.
    There is one fkin fanboy there who loves to rant about these stuff xD!!!