“Secret World of Warcraft type MMO” in development at Bethesda [Update]

Wednesday, 20th January 2010 12:16 GMT By Johnny Cullen

bethesdalogo

Update: We’re reliably informed the game is the long-rumoured Elder Scrolls MMO.

According to papers filed in the court case between Interplay and Bethesda, the Oblivion developer has been working on a “World of Warcraft type MMO.”

Development on the game has apparently been ongoing since late 2006, with “tens of millions of dollars” invested and “close to a hundred people” working on it.

Bethesda is allegedly looking to pull the information revealed in the case.

So far, Interplay has in development Project V14, which is rumoured to be a Fallout MMO. Remember that Interplay owns the rights to develop Fallout MMOs; if the Bethesda game is Fallout-based, it won’t legally be able to sell it.

Bethesda issued a lawsuit on Interplay last September for breach of agreement and infringing the Fallout trademark.

Thanks, CVG.

1. Gekidami

I hope that by “World of Warcraft type” they mean one that wont suck.

2. Eregol

Another pretender?
    Another failiure?

3. David Sarkisjan

ahm … Elder Scrolls …

4. Grimrita

ooo another cookie cutter mmo…YAWN!

5. No_PUDding

I just dont care.

6. Blerk

MMOhNoNotAnotherOne!

7. Gekidami

Seeing as i stopped play WoW ages ago and every MMO i’ve tried since has ended up being abit crappy, or atleast not as good as WoW i cant say i’m against more coming out.

8. No_PUDding

Well done for not acknowledging that awful joke Gek.

9. Alakratt

I thought it was Project V13?

10. Patrick Garratt

I know what this is. Just doing a story now.

11. Patrick Garratt

There you go. It is Elder Scrolls.

12. OlderGamer

I have the same problem Gek.

I used to play, then stopped. Tried some other MMORPGs, but they are were aweful. I kept comparing them to WoW. In WoW things just make sense. They have removed alot of the tedious crap that seems to plague other games. The problem is that after so long you have a stable of level capped 80s. It gets old.

I still play WoW, have gotten into building new chars. Have grown very tired of grinding for new gear. I want more levels and new content. I just don’t really want those new levels or new content to be any other game except WoW. Strange.

But for me WoW has ruined almost all other RPGs. I can’t even stay interested in most console rpgs anymore. Single player? Are you kidding me? I just can’t do it.

I will be looking forward to Elder Scrolls MMO, but I prolly won’t like it once it comes out.

13. NoxNoctisUmbra

If it plays like Marrowind with Oblivion Graphics and its a MMO, it will be a win, as well 1st ever MM0 that is more open ended then anyting else, not to mention freedom and so many objects.