Sony trademarks four new game titles

Thursday, 14th January 2010 15:21 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

sonylogo1b

Sony has filed trademarks for four new game titles.

Dug up by super-sleuth superannuation, none of the trademarks provide any information. At all. But at least we have some names.

And they are: Digi-Tiles, Earthshield, Legend of Kunoichi, and Smashbreak.

Start speculating now which ones will make use of Sony’s still unnamed Motion Controller.

Lots of developers have kits in their hands now, including EA, which stated that it will have games at the ready when the peripheral launches.

1. Eregol

Digi-tiles sounds tailor made for the wand.
    Smashbreak too.

Who knows about the others?

2. No_PUDding

I swear I was about to trademark Earthshield myself, but for a totally different product.

That asteroid is atleast 15 years away anyway.

3. The Hindle

Legend of Kunoichi sounds like a AAA game the rest will be Psn games i think

4. No_PUDding

Dude I hope so. Sounds like an awesome adventure game.

5. Psychotext

I bet they all use the wand thing. That Legend of Kunoichi game will probably involve swinging a Samurai sword. :)

6. Blerk

We’re making snap judgements on game quality based on titles now? :-D

7. No_PUDding

My judgement on the tentative title ‘Kick Blerk, Hard’ (a text adventure by the VG247 community) is that it will be a triumph.

8. onlineatron

@PT

No matter how dismissive your comment was meant to sound.. I will buy a Motion Controller DAY ONE if there’s promise of a good sword game!

@PUD

Sounds great!

9. mojo

kunoichi is a jap. term for a female ninja.
    motion-controlled-hot-sword-ninja-bitch-action anyone?

i bet the sony motion controller will be named “Sony motion controller” in the end.

10. Gekidami

I bet they’re all PSN games.

11. Doc Robotnik

Or ‘SMoC’, which sounds like ‘spock’, which sounds like ‘spook’, which sounds like ‘puke’, which means it’ll be rubbish AND nauseating.

12. zoopdeloop

talking about “Legends”
    I hope Sony will bring back Legend of Dragoon sometime :)

13. No_PUDding

SMoC sounds a little dirty to me. I’m a bit aroused.

14. McLovin85

If we’re just judging by the name of the game then they all sound shit.

15. MasterChiefFenix

Digi-Tiles and Smashbreak sound very casual. like sum puzzle games.

Earthshield – very RPG sounding.

Legend of Kunoichi – obviously female ninja stuff, likely a hack n slash.

choosing from those, it’ll be the casual game or the ninja stuff…unless earthshield is some interactive trash-picker-upper.