Forza 3 moves 1 million units worldwide in one month [Update]

Tuesday, 8th December 2009 18:19 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

forza35

Update: Aaron Greenberg has tweeted the following additional stats: “$18.7 billion was spent LTD on Storefront, there’s been over 4 million auction bids, and 1.5 million items for sale”. Nifty.

Original: Microsoft has announced that Forza Motorsport 3 moved one million units worldwide with only a month at retail.

Also, the Forza community on Xbox Live has logged over 6.6 million hours of online play with more than 64 million sessions, and has driven over 590 million miles (952 million kilometers) in-game.

“That’s equal to more than three trips from the Earth to the Sun and back,” said MS.

To help these numbers grow, kiddos, you should totally get the Hot Holidays Car Pack which is available today on XBL for 400 MS Points.

It has the Ferrari 458 Italia, ya know.

Via IndustryGamers.

1. Jadeskye

That ain’t bad! i havn’t even picked it up yet.

2. NoxNoctisUmbra

This fine game should move 1 million on first week in US.. Bit disappointing to tell the truth, still decent number.. But who cares, as long there is some good people to race against online, its good enough to me! Awesome game.

I wonder how Gran Turismo 5′s sales will be in 1st month?

3. Constantine

I would expected more but I guess some folks are waiting for GT5. Can’t blame them either.

4. Gekidami

If GT5 Prologue sales are anything to go off (it sold round 2 million in the US and Europe in a month): ALOT.

5. The Hindle

Prolouge sold 4m and its just a demo.

6. Psychotext

Seems about right really. These games sell for a long, long time, and GT5P is a good example. Middling performance in the charts, but obvious long term success. It also didn’t do 2.23m in a month… that’s the shipped figure for the end of April 2009 (it came out in December in Japan).

7. The Hindle

It did 1m alone in preorders Psyco did Gt5 P its not hard to imagine it did them numbers.

8. Gekidami

Yeah i edited because it came out earlier in Japan, though it did do 550,000 in the US and 1.38 million in Europe in a month. It had racked up 2.23 million in all by april 30th (a month after it came out in Europe and the US).

9. The Hindle

Gt 5 should easliy pass 10m sold in total sales.

10. SlayerGT

This game is one of my disappointments of the year. Not really the game itself but the features. If your not a Gold member half of the game is unavailable. I thought maybe it was just the actual racing online that would be unavailable. I blame myself for not doin more research.

11. theevilaires

thats for every game that has online play SlayerGT :D ….this just in GT5 sells 1 million in 6 hours :P

12. SlayerGT

Yeah Tea, you just better be ready to race. I got half my fav’s unlocked already via GTPSP!

13. theevilaires

shit really…yea you can transfer I forgot. No matter I won’t sleep until I get my 95′ skyline pimped out to match a ferrari. I hope online is stable though, add me when ever you want…same name as here.

oh staying on topic congrats forza3

14. Psychotext

GT5 should do 1m on pre-orders. I’m not sure it’ll do 10m over its lifetime though as it’s got a rather large disadvantage vs its predecessors when it comes to install base.

As for where you got that 1m in pre-orders for GT5P The Hindle, I’m guessing it’s some sort of PR… because it doesn’t add up.

Here’s the figures we do know:
    US: 224k (First month, NPD)
    Japan: 115k (First week, Media Create)
    UK: ~100k to ~199k (First month, Elspa sales award for 100k+ sold)
    France: 65k (First week, Sony)

Assuming the rest of Europe amounted to its usual 50% – 60% of sales (after the UK and France are taken into consideration) you’d get around another 280k of sales taking the opening period to (being generous with all the estimates) around around 900k.

Obviously that 900k didn’t all sell on day one with no more selling for the rest of the opening period (especially in the US where we have a figure for the first month). I’m guessing then that the “pre-order” number is actually retailer orders rather than orders from consumers.

15. SlayerGT

Fuck the topic. My PSN is the same also. And I’m sure you know, PD opened a whole new office just to handle the network code. It will be fine I’m sure. 95′ Skyline eh? I love my Amuse S2000 R1′s. Got one in just about every color.

16. No_PUDding

Racing belongs to us Europeans! I hope we did most of the legwork!