Thompson: 360 Sky take-up “blowing my mind away”

Friday, 20th November 2009 09:21 GMT By Patrick Garratt

skylogo

Xbox Europe boss Neil Thompson isn’t pleased with Sky’s launch on 360 in the UK. No sir. He’s had his fucking mind blown, man. He can’t handle it. He’s freakin’. Climbing the walls. Riding the wave. Shooting the goose. Which probably explains why the whole thing fell over the first day thanks to “demand“.

“We were blown away – literally – by the response we had, and we took some flak, probably fairly,” Thompson said in this GI interview.

“We didn’t scale to quite the scale we should have, and I take that criticism on board and we’ve learned from it. But now it’s up and running, people are loving it, the subscription rates, the download rates for the application and so on are just blowing my mind away, they’re blowing the people at Sky’s minds away.”

Whatever Neil’s having, we’re up for the double-drop, dude.

“It’s proving incredible popular… It is a phenomenal success at this point,” he added.

Hit this for details of packages, etc.

1. Michael O’Connor

I wouldn’t mind seeing some figures for this.

2. Patrick Garratt

Are you sure you could handle it? Sounds like heavy shit.

3. Michael O’Connor

My brains will probably end up all over the wall, but I think I can cope!

4. Robo_1

Nobody does hyperbole like MS. :D

NXE – the greatest moment in the history of the internet – lol

5. Dannybuoy

Fuck Sky and fuck Murdock! *men in black trench coats knock at front door*

6. Whizzo

I’m not a Sky subscriber but I’m pretty impressed by how well Sky News runs as the sample station everyone can watch.

7. Broncanus

My goodness, they were “literally” blown away. How fortunate they only took flak metaphorically, since that would have been incredibly painful when combined with the injuries they undoubtably sustained from being blown away.

8. No_PUDding

xD

Hyperbole is the word. Not gonna generalise company wise, but this is hyperbole.

9. Gheritt White

I don’t think that Neil Thompson understands the correct usage of the term “literally”.