October NPD hardware – Wii holds first as PS3 moves down to 320k

Thursday, 12th November 2009 23:35 GMT By Patrick Garratt

ps3slim5

NPD just released its October hardware figures, showing Wii in the lead in the US last month with just over 500,000 units moved.

PS3 dropped back to 320,000 consoles sold after its Slim boost to 490,000 in September.

Xbox 360 managed 250,000 machines through the tills. Last month’s data here. Here’s the lot for October:

• PS2 – 117.8K
  • PS3 – 320.6K
  • PSP – 174.6K
  • Xbox 360 – 249.7K
  • Wii – 506.9K
  • DS – 457.6K

1. The Hindle

Hmm Ps3 still outsold the 360, maybe the tide is turning.

2. DaMan

me thinks by January PS3 will be selling about the same as 360, if not less.

3. theevilaires

me thinks that number will soar even higher when GOW3 releases.

4. draknahr

Well ps3 does have better exclusives in early 2010. That and they will be releasing their motion controller where as natal doesn’t come until the fall.

5. tatsujin

PS3 is gonna soar high in November since GoW Collections gets released. I think December and Jan. will be the real combats with no games to release exclusively for both systems (correct me if I’m wrong).

6. draknahr

Well I’m not sure about 360 exclusives but I know that MAG comes out in January and Heavy Rain + White Knight Chronicles come out in February.

7. Psychotext

I wouldn’t be expecting much from either Heavy Rain or WKC (especially the latter). MAG could be a hit, but it’ll need good word of mouth and marketing.

Is Heavy Rain really out in Feb btw? That’s good news, earlier than I thought it would be.

8. Khanivor

So the PS3 continues to have good sales the same month its only notable exclusive for the next quarter is on the shelves? Wow.

/golfclap

9. Blerk

Seems that rumours of the Wii’s demise were greatly exaggerated. :-)

10. The Hindle

Plus FF13 in Japan will make it sell like 2 or 3m in bundles alone so it will be soaring