Modern Warfare 2 to get Leicester Square launch in London

Wednesday, 21st October 2009 12:50 GMT By Patrick Garratt

modernwarfare23

In a “world’s first” announcement, Acti said today that Modern Warfare 2 is to be launched at a Leicester Square event in London, “home of the ‘Hollywood Premiere’.”

The screening’s to be compered by a celeb fan.

The event will also be supported by an “epic” midnight opening at HMV’s Trocadero Store.

There’s also to be a “VIP launch party” in “a secret underground bunker,” headlined by one of the “UK’s biggest male artists of 2009.”

We’re practically shitting ourselves with excitement, now. Hit the link for the PR.

On November 9th 2009, Modern Warfare 2 will invade the capital with a unique game launch event and screening. In a world’s first, the most highly-anticipated game of all time will be hosting its launch event in Leicester Square, home of the ‘Hollywood Premiere’.

The screening will be compered by a celebrity fan of the game and give journalists, celebs and fans of the critically-acclaimed Modern Warfare series a chance to see this year’s biggest game on the big screen ahead of its global launch on Tuesday 10th November.

The event will also be supported by an epic midnight opening at HMV’s flagship Trocadero Store, along with a VIP launch party in a secret underground bunker, headlined by one of the UK’s biggest male artists of 2009.

1. G1GAHURTZ

I should have had my copy for about 4 days by this time…

Mwahahahahaaaa!

2. blackdreamhunk

there is now 120k pc gamers ready to boycott, still growing very fast!

what are you going to do actvision blizzard come craxhing! what are you going to do we start to boycott hardware companies.

what does 100k pc gamers mean, it means it’s now 6 million lost to actvision.

It means $6 million dallor boycotting console supporting hardware companies

it also mean 120k smart gamers ready to fight.

3. pracer

I highly doubt that all of those signing are PC gamers.

4. DUFFKING

I highly doubt that even 10% of the signatories will actually not buy the game.

5. Broncanus

Oh Blackdreamhunk, you’re so dreamy, but silly if you think this makes any difference at all.

6. blackdreamhunk

you can think what ever you want! i bet this going to turn real ugly and look bad for gaming industry and the pc industry as whole.

lol

7. Broncanus

Oh i see you LOL’d… I didn’t realise you were joking :)

8. blackdreamhunk

good luck with that. lol

9. Broncanus

I do not understand what the problem is with Infinity Ward’s decision… but then, I’m just one man.

Oh no, wait, I’m actually 10,000,000 people around the globe who don’t give a shit. Who’d have thought.

10. Broncanus

Just in case you don’t get my point… I am specifically saying that you, Blackdreamhunk, are an idiot.

I wanted to be very clear on that matter

11. blackdreamhunk

hahahaha for some reason you just made my day. lol I am smiling all over.:)

12. Vodos

FWIW I completely agree with Broncanus.

13. Grimrita

Ah, that explains the stupid price tag for the game

14. blackdreamhunk

If your a console gamer and want to support the cause buy all your games used or rent them.

publishers don’t make money if it’s used or little money if it’s rented. :)

not only that it save you a ton of money.

15. G1GAHURTZ

We’re too busy enjoying our amazing games to care about your nonsense, bdh.

Stop hating on consoles!

You’re just a (console) PLAYER HATER!

Hating because you’re jealous.

16. endgame

i fail to see the good news for the pc gamers in this..

17. Len

Have you been using spell checker/got a new keyboard BDH…?

Come on, you can tell us… :)

18. Broncanus

What cause? Who cares? Oh Blackdreamhunk, you’re a puzzle wrapped in a sexy enigma.

19. Grimrita