Mass Effect 2 confirmed for January 2010 release with preorder bonus

Friday, 16th October 2009 18:01 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

masseffecta21

BioWare has revealed that Mass Effect 2 will be shipping Jan 26, 2010 in North America and January 29 for Europe.

Also mentioned was preorder bonuses of exclusive in-game items, which the official blog says are for North America, but we’ll check to see if Europe is getting some as well.

Here are the details:

In North America, pre-order bonusesinclude special-ops armor and weaponry that are designed to boost Commander Shepard’s skills and abilities. At GameStop, Terminus Gear is available with pre-orders, which includes the powerful Terminus Assault Armor and the Blackstorm Heavy Weapon:

• The Terminus Armor is designed for use in extreme planetary conditions, increasing run speed and personal shields, and augmenting weapons with an additional magazine of reserve ammo.
  • The M-90 Blackstorm Heavy Weapon generates a high-powered localized gravity well, accelerating particles to near-infinite mass, and ultimately expanding the selection of heavy weapons available to players when they gear up for combat missions in Mass Effect 2.

Inferno Armor

Players that pre-order Mass Effect 2 at other retail outlets in North America will receive the potent Inferno Armor, which is used by officers to monitor battlefield conditions by recognizing elevated heart rates, and regulates sub-systems with extreme efficiency to allow for greater response times – together these abilities translate in-game into a negotiation bonus for Commander Shepard and an increase in run speed and augmented damage from combat powers.

According to the blog post, BioWare is still deciding which armor goes to the PC version and which to the Xbox 360 version.

Full thing through the link.

1. Johnny Cullen

W
    N
    !

:D :D

2. theevilaires

ummmm second?

3. blackdreamhunk

both armors plus mod support for pc gamers please and space combat with ships too thank you :)

4. SticKboy

Shit, there goes January.

And February.

…and quite possibly March, too.

@BDH: BioWare have already said that space flight/combat will appear in the the third game, but not before.

5. blackdreamhunk

it’s always good to hope :) and still ask lol

6. The Hindle

How many times have people finished the first mass effect, twice so far for me but got to a 3rd as me save files for this game got deleated. Dam it

7. blackdreamhunk

I played the end 3 times, went back half way lol. then played agin half from the beginingalmost done it 2nd time.

I also have all the DLC too

8. reask

Been mulling over whether to get this game or not.
    looks like i may get it now if it helps with the second.
    i just dont seem to be able to finish fallout 3. :D

9. SticKboy

Played from start to end three times – first as a Paragon Vanguard, then as a Renegade Vanguard, lastly as a Infiltrator that was kind of a mix between both Renegade and Paragon.

10. blackdreamhunk

yea I tryed to mac both girls in mass effect but it doesn’t work. lol

11. Psychotext

Awesome. That’s next year off to a good start.

12. Johnny Cullen

BDH – One version will get the other armour.

360 version will get one armour, the PC will get the other. But either version wont get both.

13. Stephany Nunneley

I still have yet to play the first one :-(

14. The Hindle

@Stephany Nunneley

Shame on you its one amazing game :)

Can you believe we have Darksiders on jan 1st, Me 2 at end of Jan, Bioshock 2 mid feb and Splinter cell end of Feb. Talk about a clusterfuck

15. MushroomStamp

hmmm.. The Gamestop options sounds better for me…

16. Johnny Cullen

:OOO.

Steph, I will send you my 360 copy! Or something, you need to play it! Buy it from GoD, get it second hand for the 360, whatever!

Buy it!

17. No_PUDding

I know we like hyperbole here Johnny, but lets not pretend that Mass Effect is divine and ethereal enoguh to come from GoD!

;P

18. Phoenixblight

Went to Gamestop their preorder page is fucked. God I may just have to order from Amazon again…

19. FadeLive

Mass Effect gaming month of awesomeness confirmed. 2010 will totally kick booty. But not the treasure kind. Just the regular kind. I think. On another note I wonder if there will be a limited edition any news on that yet?

20. onlinegames

amazing game :)

21. KaRmAChAnG

Amazing!! This will be a great start to 10 and this’ll be kinda like a late Christmas present :)

Utterly adored the first one and completed it 4 times with all the DLC. Well chuffed I completed it on Insanity having done EVERYTHING and made all the choices I’d want to carry over.

Can’t wait!!

22. Johnny Cullen

But Mass Effect is divine, Pud!

More divine then Jesus, innit.

23. Uncontested

So much want brb gonna play Mass Effect again since its been like a year.