Ueda: ICO/Shadow of the Colossus Collection meeting due this week

Monday, 28th September 2009 17:53 GMT By Johnny Cullen

shadowofthecolossus

Fumito Ueda has revealed to Kotaku that the possibillty of an ICO/Shadow of the Colossus collection will be raised at a meeting to be held this week.

The Team ICO boss did stress an interest in the possibillty of an collection earlier, but with this news, the dream could become a reality soon.

“I do have an interest in that. Next week, I’ll have a meeting [about the possibility] … But it might not be so easy, because, with both titles we really stretched the limits of the PS2. It’s complex. So it’s not such an easy transfer to the PS3. But I want to discuss it.”

Demands of a Team ICO collection to prepare for The Last Guardian comes as SCEA announced the God of War Collection a couple of weeks back.

More through the link.

1. Eregol

I did a little love wee.

If Sony understand their fans at all they will do this.

2. Razor

It’s certain to happen…although probably nearer the release though.

3. SlayerGT

Sign me up! If they support visual upgrades and trophies, sign me up for two.

4. Dr.Ghettoblaster

It’ll happen for certain as it’s an EASY money making opportunity.

Think about it..

The GOW survey confirmed that people wanted GOW1 & 2 as bonus material for GOW3 collectors edition. Sony said, the people want it, ok, but let’s make em pay for it. GOW collection is announced and is huge success.

Why WOULDN’T they do the same for ICO/SOTC when so many people have already confirmed they’d buy it in a heartbeat?! (including myself:))

5. Neolucifer

ICO/SOTC in 720p ? that would be a huge bonus on its own for such art masterpieces .

6. Blerk

A complete no-brainer purchase for any PS3 owner. Even if they already have the PS2 originals.

7. Rhythm

Pfft and meh

8. freedoms_stain

“A complete no-brainer purchase for any PS3 owner.”

As much as I love the series I can recognise the fact that most people would find them boring as sin. Therefore I find this statement to be untrue.

9. No_PUDding

Lots of things in this comment section aren’t right.

Like it happening for certain. Good luck to wheoever gets the job of porting Shadow.

Like someone wanting Trophies, that aren’t in the VERY VERY least done by Ueda.

Although I agree with Blerk, he is wrong to the majority of people I expect.

10. Blerk

Okay, a complete no brainer for any PS3 owner who isn’t rubbish, then.

Sorry, Rhy! :-D

11. DaMan

I’m really rubbish :(.

12. rrod360lol

Any of the rest of you got a 60GB BC ps3 ? SotC looks lovely already with the extra effects it chucks on.

I’d still give up a testicle per game for a remake though :)

13. JonFE

Having not played either of them, I’d say: Go, Sony, Go!