House: PSPgo feedback positive, initial consumers to benefit

Wednesday, 19th August 2009 22:03 GMT By Johnny Cullen

pspgo21

SCEE president Andrew House has told VG247 that initial feedback for PSPgo has been positive, and the consumers who hop on board first will benefit.

The console was given prices of $249/€249/¥24,980 when the console was announced back at E3 in June. And only last night did SCEE tell us that it’ll retail for £224.99.

“I think, clearly, there is a delta there between PSPgo and the existing PSP-3000. We’ve received, to date, some tremendous anecdotal feedback on the form factor and the sheer sexiness of the device which I think bodes well for its launch.

“We, at least for Europe, were very keen to put an initial offer in place that would reward the consumer who jumps on board first. Therefore, I think the offer that we announced yesterday, that those initial purchasers will be able to get GT for PSP absolutely free. I think that goes a long way to addressing that.

“We’re also looking at some other plans further down the line that will come together for launch around people who have existing UMD libraries and what we can do to incentivize those as well. So, I think that and a combination of what is a really very attractive portable device leaves us feeling fairly confident where we are right now.”

Go through the link for the full interview.

1. Dr.Ghettoblaster

$250 for PSPgo, or $50 more for PS3/Blu-ray player. Hmmmm…

IMO, that needs to be $199 or less to sell to anyone besides the rich.

2. Razor

It’s just laughable.

3. Psychotext

I’m sure all 9 people who buy it for £225 will love it.

4. Dr.Ghettoblaster

You’re right dude. Personally, I think the go is gay from the get go….

5. Withnail

“It’s ridiculous though…I could buy a PSP3000 and Gran Turismo, and it will still work out cheaper than buying a Go with GT for free.”

True, but what about a PSP3000, Gran Turismo, and a 16GB Memory Stick?

6. Hunam

That’s still only £190 if you consider that PSP games retail for around £20 most of the time.

7. Cort

I would have paid £225 if they had added a touchscreen. But they didn’t so I’m sticking with my 2000.

8. Blerk

My son wants a PSP for Christmas. I am absolutely not getting a Go.

9. Len

You say that now… ;)

10. Psychotext

HE’LL HAVE WHAT HE GETS AND LIKE IT.

11. Cort