DOOM, Rage and Bethesda games snapped on Quakecon stage

Thursday, 13th August 2009 08:06 GMT By Patrick Garratt

quakeconshowfloor

We’ve received the first image of the Quakecon stage as it’s being set up, and it looks as though we may be getting a look at something DOOM-related tonight.

The DOOM logo’s on the banners at the side of the main stage for today’s event, as are Brink, Fallout 3, Rage, Wolfenstein, QuakeLive and Rage.

Looks like Quakecon isn’t so much about Quake any more.

We’ll be liveblogging both the main conference and the John Carmack presser this evening, kicking off at 3.30pm Texas time.

1. Blerk

I want them to make Doom like it used to be. Not like Doom 3, a proper Doom 2 sequel.

2. Patrick Garratt

I so overslept.

3. BULArmy

Even Quakecon lost its function. In the begining it was for the fans now is something like E3. Hope for some Doom 4 info but I think it will be 360 centric so for me the magic is lost.

4. Blerk

I think id are still PC fanboys at heart.

5. Patrick Garratt

I hope they show DOOM. That would be awesome. And yeah, I hope it’s a continuation of DOOM 2.

6. rainer

Fast paced Doom is what I’d love to see maybe its possible at 30fps (FPS games at that speed always feel sluggish to me), but the lower speed might allow more monsters assuming they dont spend it all on graphics.

iD are actually PC/Apple well more steve jobs fanboys at heart they’ve always had a thing for platforms spearheaded by the great turtle necked one from NeXT to current Mac’s & the iPhone. Old Apple never got that much love from iD as Apple were rubbish when it came to handling gaming from a business viewpoint.

7. rrod360lol

@rainer I think Doom 4′s being done with id tech 5 innit ? So it should be 60 FPS. Even on the ps3lol once Carmack and co have finished unleashing the awesome powah of teh cell

8. Blerk

Yep – id Tech5 and probably on four DVDs according to Carmack in this month’s Edge.