Peter Moore discusses EA Sports support on PS3

Tuesday, 4th August 2009 19:26 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

maddennfl10

Peter Moore has posted a developer diary of sorts over on the US PS Blog.

In it, he discusses the success EA has been having with its sports titles and how the company plans to support these titles via PS3.

Here’s just a taste:

• In Madden, PS3-PSP integration will enable NFL fans to build their own formations & plays from scratch. Via connectivity with the PS3, fans can perfect their plays on-the-go and download them to their PS3 anytime.
  • In the EA SPORTS Complex on PlayStation Home, Club Fight Night is now open and drawing in Fight Night Round 4 fans, while four new Red Tournament poker tables have also been added to handle the overwhelming interest (nearly 2 million games played to date).
  • We’ve recently announced that this fall our revamped EA SPORTS Challenge Series will create a global online competition exclusively on the PLAYSTATION 3. In addition to the robust online competitions, our first live event is later this month in Dallas. Get in the action today and get all the details by visiting www.easportschallengeseries.com.

Game’s out August 14, but a demo is up on PSN right now in the US.

1. No_PUDding

Odd, isn’t it?

2. Psychotext

Odd?

3. Johnny Cullen

I think he means the fact that Peter Moore, once the senior vice president of Xbox: the role Don Mattrick now holds, is posting on the PlayStation Blog as President of EA Sports.

I found it bewildering and interesting.

4. Psychotext

Business is business. :)

5. NiceFellow

Like most of us he does what is right for his current job. If that means promoting the PS3 then he’ll do it without batting an eyelid.

6. theevilaires

OH? Really?

7. Psychotext

Did someone lobotomise you on the weekend TEA? I don’t think I’ve seen anything longer than a two word comment from you recently. :P

8. No_PUDding

Haha.

I don’t mean anythign else by what I say, before you all jump to conclusions that I am going to say…

“Oh I still hater Peter Toole, fucking XBOT”

Or

“Oh Peter Moore eats crow, teh PS3 is awusum!”

All I was saying, is that it’s weird. Becuase it is. This is the guy who has had to issue PR statements referencing the PS3 as the competition, and now he is on the Playstation Blog, talking up Madden 10 for it.

9. Psychotext

Well look at it another way… he’s now working for the company that helped destroy the Dreamcast, his baby.

At one point he must have utterly hated EA. :)

10. No_PUDding

Was going to make an extended metaphor about cats being run over. But I don’t need to behave anymore questionably tonight.

I see your point. You get over things…. Eventually… And buy a new cat..

11. theevilaires