Guerrilla to “step back” from Killzone 2

Thursday, 23rd July 2009 14:42 GMT By Patrick Garratt

killzone220

Guerrilla’s Seb Downie’s confirmed on the EU PS Blog that the developer’s about to take a break from Killzone 2 work.

“Right now we’re going to take a step back from Killzone 2,” he said.

“We’ve been working non-stop since the disc version was released on patches, DLC and http://www.killzone.com updates, so need some time to reflect on what is actually out there.”

A third map pack, Napalm & Cordite, releases for the shooter today.

1. Robo_1

Fair play really, they’ve supported the game well since launch.

I’d love to see them work on a fresh IP. As much as I enjoyed Killzone 2, it would be great to see them go back to the drawing board and come out with something fresh.

Can’t wait to see what the next evolution of their engine will be capable of!

2. Razor

I’d like to see Killzone 3, but in more diverse environments such as forests, snow fields, etc.

I bet their engine could do amazing things in environments like those.

3. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Great comment Razor – strongly agree.

4. theevilaires

Killzone 3 should be a PS4 launch title. I really don’t see how they can get more out of PS3

5. No_PUDding

Ofcourse they can.

I am surprised you of all peoploe would ahve so little faith.

What I am more interested in, is them creating a more innovative and interestingly crafted game, now they haven’t got the marketing screw up, they did have, and they have a superbly capable engine.

I’d also prefer see a new IP… There are more than fuckign enough FPS’s. I swear. If Sony want to add value to their console, they need to focus on funding/developing titles that aren’t FPS’s, becuase there are more than enough of them.