PSP Go – The Qore movie in direct-feed HD, news round-up

Saturday, 30th May 2009 22:25 GMT By Patrick Garratt

pspgo31

Well, here we are, then. Someone’s posted the entire PSP Go section of June’s Qore episode on YouTube, in direct-feed HD. Thanks, p0rkch0p69.

Fake? Of course not. You can see everything in plenty of detail there.

Rest of the coverage from today’s announcement:

1. Razor

Oh, heads are gonna roll I tell you…

2. Hunam

That kinda sold me a little on it, then I realised I have 16 PSP games on UMD and I’m not buying a single one of them again.

3. No_PUDding

Hopefully not Veronica’s. She’s got a really nice looking head, and I like it on her nice looking body.

4. Razor

There was definitely some sexual tension between her and Koller.

5. No_PUDding

Nah, I suspect this is the tension you saw was becuase Koller was all like, “HEY BITCH, WE PAID YOU THE GREEN NOW ACT SURPRISED!”

So she was a bit uncomfortable.

6. SplatteredHouse

One of the key things I took from the clip, was when John talked about, initially, the content available will be pretty equal between 3000, and the new Go; but then there’d start to be content and games only available on the new machine…

This looks like the continuation of what started, from Destination PlayStation, where they revealed that roster of titles specific to PSP; and now, there’s an all new, lighter, more portable way to access that and future content – with the 3000 sticking around, to cover, certainly those players that want to keep using the UMDs, but also, perhaps just as a less expensive PSP option.
    The new machine seems far more to be targeting the kind of usage of a DS, or something (you just slide the cover back, and all your content is right there, and you can get playing).

Anyway, I think these moves could turn out to start to get the wind some more behind Sony’s sails, in the portable space.

7. Retroid

That *doesn’t* look good.

And that nub looks even more uncomfortable to use than the one on the existing PSPs! O_o

8. ShakaCarnage

Honestly, I think that looks fugly. I’ll have a free one if I can get one, but I’d never use it.

Glad I never bought a UMD movie when I had a PSP after all.

And I just watched the video. Hard Media? Of course US retailers are going to be over the moon about reduced sales of PSP software – they will be pretty fucked off.

Also, the bird in the clip – nice lips.

9. Johnny Cullen

Someone is gonna get their P45 on Monday :D

10. David

Sony released vouchers for patapon 2 so no doubt someone that has bought a PSP go will possibly have the option of buying vouchers in stores which they can redeem for the specific software it relates too.

That’s just a guess but hopefully thats what they do as not everyone is comfortable with using credit/debit cards online.

11. chickenbutt

This thing is uglier than the first DS.

12. OrphanageExplosion

The video isn’t in HD, not that it really needs to be.

What I liked about the video was the almost painful levels of scripting and the correspondingly awful delivery. I also liked the way they added an unnecessary reverb to the audio to make it sound like they were in some sort of top secret dungeon.

Plus of course the light they shined in Veronica Belmont’s face when she opened the box. “Is this the only PSP Go in existence?” – yes of course it is! Hahahahaha!

13. Tonka

Oh my that’s ugly. I didn’t think Sony had it in them. Shockingly bad. Uglier than any handheld ever made. Imagine being seen with one of them in public.
    Hu.
    Mi.
    Li.
    At.
    Ing.

14. OrphanageExplosion

I’m not sure how best to hold this thing. Surely the weight distribution will be horribly skewed.

15. mart

Completely hideous, no doubt about it.

16. Cort

Looks like a cheap Chinese knock-off. Fucking horrible.

And, a SMALLER screen? WTF? No touchscreen? No thanks.

17. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Ok, I’ve got an original PSP and all I know is I want the new Metal Gear, new Gran Turismo, new Motorstorm, and new Little Big Planet all to work on the original PSP. I’ll be happy if they do by download, but I for one actually like having a collection of cases and hard copy games on my shelf. I hope UMD is still an option for original PSP owners with the new games…