No More Heroes 2 – first shots

Wednesday, 27th May 2009 08:27 GMT By Patrick Garratt

nomoreheroes22

Wii Brasil’s posted the first images of No more Heroes 2, scanned from the latest Famitsu.

The game, titled No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle, is shown off there in concept art and screens.

We could pretend to know something about it, but we didn’t play the first one. So we won’t.

Take a look.

1. Tonka

Scanned as in photographed

2. Tonka

Still. w00t.
    I really enjoyed the first.

And let me take this moment to point out how sad Sudas blogg on EDGE makes me. He’s one of the truly facinating people in the game makers business and all he posts about is little plastic toys infront of mainstream alternative CD covers.

;_;

What a waste. Someone on EDGE (they can’t all be too sycophantic to realize how shit it is) should tell him to do something interesting or GTFO.

3. sickpuppysoftware

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Waggle

Too easy.

4. mart

Well you should play it, it’s good.

5. Hero of Canton

I wonder if Mr. Sir Henry Motherfucker is going to be in it.

6. elronathon

I adored NMH, it was packed with enthusiasm for gaming as a medium, cheeky nods to games past and present, and was trashy as hell.

Also I can’t imagine delivering a final blow to an opponent would be half as satisfying if it used a button-press. Maybe its Goichi Suda’s child-like enthusiasm for games that nailed exactly what was fun about waving a wiimote round like an idiot…

can’t wait for the sequel

7. Tonka

Agreed, the waggle in NMH surpasses all other waggles. The wrestling moves, the Beam Katana re-charge, the mini games. The only miss was the fucking baseball swing.

8. pleasant_cabbage

But with the good waggle (wrestling moves) came the bad waggle. The wank waggle for Katana energy was a waggle too far. Waggle.

9. mart

Wank waggle was a-ok. No bad waggle in this game.

10. elronathon

I actually found charging up the katana pretty funny, it was like Goichi Suda having a bit of a chuckle at your expense every time you needed to do it…

11. Hero of Canton

Exactly. I think NMH showed how much Suda had learned from working with Mikami. Waggle was used exactly when it was needed (and when it made for a good gag). It’s one of the most exemplary uses of motion-control in a Wii game to date.

12. pleasant_cabbage

Dunno.
    I think the ‘joke’ was laboured like a lot of the joke mechanics in the game. The repetitive money-making tasks and dull, drab, copy n’ paste city and handling of vehicles were also (at best) laboured jokes and (at worst) hurt the enjoyment from the game. I ‘got’ them the first time and it just grated after that.

For me the wank waggle was unnecessary (button presses would’ve done the same thing – it turned a decent fighting game into something resembling a Benny Hill sim: running away from baddies to wank in the corner).

Still up for more though :)

13. Len

@Tonka

Yr so right about his blog….was expecting some interesting stuff but jesus how boring…?

We don’t care that you love The Smiths and have a million plastic figures.

Show us/tell us something interesting about yr development process and game please!

14. ecu

Cannot wait for this. NMH was my GOTY in 2008.

15. Dannybuoy

I had NMH and found it very boring indeed. Maybe I’m a freak, maybe it was just a bit too boring for me.. who knows…

16. No_PUDding

Maybe you got knocked down? But you’ll get up again. A sequel’s never gonna keep you down.

17. elronathon

Just have a whiskey drink, maybe even a lager drink…if you’re feeling fruity

18. No_PUDding

Oh Danny buoy, Danny Buoy, Dannnnny BUOY!

19. frostquake

time to get my wrist motion of jerking uP and down as fast as I can back into top form…now what can i practicE oN untIl the game comeS out?? ;)