Dundee 360 developer working on “MMO” [Update]

Wednesday, 4th March 2009 23:00 GMT By Patrick Garratt

dundeea

Update: Sorry, we boo-booed here. This is a Realtime Worlds ad, and the game’s APB. It’s an old post that’s just been refreshed. We apologise for being so shit. Thanks, TheDifficult3rdAlbum.

A GI job ad posted by a Dundee developer has revealed the company is working on a 360 MMO.

“Our client is one of the World’s leading XBOX360 developers now working on an MMO which is likely to be a benchmark for online action games for next-Gen consoles,” says the ad, which could probably do with a bit of an edit.

Which company? Well, it’s either Realtime Worlds or Ruffian, unless there’s a secret console developer in Dundee. Which there isn’t.

An online Crackdown game? That’d be a shock.

1. Hunam

Isn’t APB by Realtime Worlds and a console MMO?

2. Deanzor

Whatever it is, I hope it’s got wizards in.

Wizards are fucking incredible.

3. Patrick Garratt

Is APB for 360 as well? I thought it was PC-only?

4. Patrick Garratt

You fucking love wizards. You’re just in denial.

5. Hunam

Just checked and it’s PC only. Maybe they are working on an 360 SKU now then, who knows…

6. Vincent

Doesn’t really say that it’s for 360 specifically, just “next-gen consoles” (and even that’s phrased a bit vaguely).
    They do have a vacancy for Assistant Producer on their website though…

7. Peetry

I live in Dundee and this is old news

8. Prof Power Glove

Have I stepped back into 2008 or something?

This news has an interesting hint of FAIL about it. Maybe because it’s not news. ;)

9. Patrick Garratt

The ad was only posted yesterday…

10. Tiger Walts

It’s the the old DMA team, part of R* North and they’re doing a GTA MMO!

Well, one could hope.

11. Blerk

I thought APB was coming to the 360. I’m sure they already said they were doing it years back.

12. pjmaybe

APB was supposedly arriving on 360. I’ve even got a really old press release saying as much. Still, good news if it is – I’d rather delve into APB on 360 than on PC.

13. Rhythm

I’m also sure that I’d heard APB was coming to consoles too

14. TheDifficult3rdAlbum

Hi Pat – This is just an OPM advert that’s refering to a role at RTW that’s been open for a while – RTW basically have an ongoing campaign to bring in any good AP’s.

Most of the Games Agencies are running an ad for the same job (search on GI for jobs in Management in Scotland).

They’ve just refreshed it, rather than it be new. It is refering to APB, which is on 360.

15. Patrick Garratt

Gah. OK. That’s me told, then. I’ll edit it.

16. Mike

Didn’t know it wso 360 too, though. I thought it was 360 only.

17. Prof Power Glove

Yeah, I was meant to interview up there last Summer but got something else instead. APB does look VERY nice and it was announced first for 360 and then PC. Now it would be news if they drop any hints on a PS3 version.

Looking forward to a new Crackdown too. GTA just feels a bit stale in comparison.

18. Patrick Garratt

I’ve very keen on APB. The GDC crowd last year were knocked out by it.

Have you seen anything on the new Crackdown?

19. contender

APB isn’t on any console as yet – they aren’t with a publisher? They’re self managing it/pimping it out hence why its taken a very long and sad 5 years.