1. Esha

World of Goo is brilliant stuff, it’s in the Genius Triad that makes up the most insane games of this Christmas: LittleBigPlanet, World of Goo, and LocoRoco 2.

I’m glad I won’t have to skip over any of ‘em, since they’re all so damned special it would be really something to miss out on them. They’re the Pan’s Labyrinth of games.

And once Christmas has passed, I might just make myself a pillow fort and hibernate in front of my media center, with my laptop and PSP nearby.

But yes, do try this. It’s a demo, so it won’t cost anything (unless you’re on pay-as-you-go bandwidth). And once you’ve been converted, show your friends, and get them to show their friends. Then print gigantic World of Goo Corporation posters and paste them up over the crap adverts at your local bus-stop.

Okay, the last part you might not want to do. The amazing illegality of it might make you queasy.

2. patlike

I’m going to have a look later, I think.

3. morriss

Heard nothing but really positive stuff about this.

4. Blerk

Downloading it right now. Hopefully it will work on my super-shit PC.

5. mart

It is fuck awesome.

6. Esha

I will warn though, it can get hard. Those with anger management problems might want to be wary. I’m well on my way to Chapter 3 currently though and still loving every damn minute of it. It’s been so long since I’ve played a game that feels it needs to reinvent itself so much, just for the sake of quality and variety. It’s very easy to get addicted to it.

Plus, considering that it works on the Wii, it’s built on SDL, and it’s basically just 2D at the end of the day, it should work on any PC. Unless we’re talking about a first generation Pentium here, in which case it might just run at a lower framerate.

For those needing something more definitive, the demo should provide answers, but really… if your PC can handle embedded Flash and stuff, it can handle Goo.

7. Blerk

It works very nicely on my PC. And it’s a nice game, I love the style. I’m not really feeling it, though. I’ve played through the demo and don’t have any particular inclination to go back for more. That’s probably just me, though.