LittleBigPlanet will be “hardware seller” claims Sony

Friday, 8th August 2008 16:26 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Speaking to GI at Comic Con, LBP associate producer Eric Fong has claimed that Media Molecule’s PS3 blue-sky platformer will drive hardware sales.

“It’s going to be a hardware seller,” he said. “Not only do you have the platforming experience that a lot of other games will have, you have this creativity that really is exclusive to LittleBigPlanet.”

Fong added: “Our target audience is everyone… It’s got enough complexity that people can play it and enjoy it for many hours; at the same time, if you’re just a casual user you can run through and play the game and have fun with it. Everything you see in the developer levels, you can create as the player.”

More through the link.

1. El_MUERkO

i don’t think any one game can me a PS3 seller, it might be a tipping point for someone whose been thinking about it for a while but i cant see someone seeing an ad for LBP and going “i want that, i’ll buy a ps3!”

2. Psychotext

Yeah, I don’t see why not. They need to advertise it right though.

3. mightyhokie

i got my ps3 so i could have a inexpensive blu-ray and then play LBP when it was finally released.

4. mortiferus

LBP has the potential to be a creatively satisfying, pick me up game. However, will it have the longevity and the hooks to keep people coming back?

I have no doubt it will sell very, very, very well. But a system seller? Ummm i’m not so sure. It does look cool though.

5. No_PUDding

And what you get after that is just gravy. I don’t think it’s a system seller alone, like El Meurko said.

It’s certainly yet another merit to the system though.

I like that the battle for Sony was never to keep FFXIII exclusivity, but ratehr to find the ‘new sound’. Heh.

6. ElfShotTheFood