Take-Two sues Chicago Transit Authority over pulled GTA IV ads

Tuesday, 6 May 2008 07:19 GMT By Patrick Garratt

gtaivchicagoad.jpg

According to this Reuters report, Take-Two has sued the Chicago Transit Authority over its decision to pull $300,000 worth of Grand Theft Auto ads from public transport in the city last month.

The suit seeks an order for the transit authority to run the ads as well as monetary damages of at least $300,000.

The campaign was pulled after a report by a Fox News affiliate that questioned why the ad was allowed to run after a wave of violent crimes in Chicago, the suit said.

“Although we prefer to resolve these issues amicably,” a Take-Two spokesperson said in a statement, published on Gamespot, “the CTA has refused to discuss with us its outrageous decision to pull advertising for the critically acclaimed game Grand Theft Auto IV while running ads for other forms of popular entertainment with similar content, including mature-themed TV shows and R-rated movies.”

Don’t screw with Rockstar legal, CTA. Like the Mounties, they always get their man.

Latest