Survived By is a free-to-play MMO from Prey and Warframe devs.
Digital Extremes and Human Head Studios - developers of Warframe and Prey respectively - have partnered up for a new game. A bullet hell MMO of all things.
Survived By is a "retro-style Free-to-Play MMO in which up to 100 players fight side-by-side in a bullet hell-style battle where permadeath is just the beginning."
The game "sends players into a pixel-art, war-struck fantasy world where humanity struggles to survive under the onslaught of a ferocious enemy."
You can check out the trailer below:
If you like the look of it, you can sign up for the closed alpha at survivedby.com.
It's the old World Tree plot line again, with a "corruption" invading the villages and towns within it.
Players create their own character and class, and when they die, they're survived by a descendant who benefits from buffs and stats bestowed by your collected experience.
"When we created Survived By, we imagined a game retaining all of the key gameplay elements of the classic games we grew up with and loved, but with a modern role-player in mind,” said executive producer, Ryan Jackson.
"Jumping into a server with as many as 100 players, we discovered a tremendous sense of wonder and an addictive blend of crafting, social team-work and twitchy bullet-hell madness.”
You can check out the full list of features below:
- MMORPG With Up To 100 Player Battles: Survived By is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game played with up to 100 players. Dodge bullets, slaughter hordes of Chimera, and level up while crafting the best gear and weapons. Be careful though, once you die… it’s almost game over
- Permadeath Is Just The Beginning: Unlike traditional roguelikes, players regenerate health, survive longer, and don’t need to dodge everything to stay alive. But every time a player dies, they lose almost everything. They’re survived by a new descendant who carries a small part of their legacy with them
- Bullet Hell Ballistics: Players craft and wield increasing deadly weapons that can provide tactical options tailored to the character class they select. They’ll arm themselves with a combination of magic, steel, and special abilities to fend off enemies while artfully skirting their damaging spray
- Gorgeous Pixel-Art World: Team up with friends and others to explore a huge beautifully rendered pixel-art world. Gear up and journey together with friends to crush enemies, raid dungeons, and trade items in a vast, diverse landscape with many in-game achievements and challenges, and hundreds of hours of gameplay
- Craft Weapons to Slay the Hordes: Players craft and wield powerful projectile weapons as they confront an array of Beasts (hostile and aggressive creatures), Infernals (fiery forces of indiscriminate destruction), Furies (invasive nightmares that corrupt anything they touch), Spirits (natural disasters made manifest), and more on their journey
- Fair Free-To-Play Model: Survived By is designed as a fair free-to-play game. Every item in the game can be earned for free without paying
- Frequent Updates: Survived By is designed to be updated frequently with new content and exciting new features. The game will be built with its community’s voice and desires in mind