Here’s a look at the Sharpshooter, the latest hero class for Torchlight 3.
The Sharpshooter class has been detailed for Torchlight 3, the third installment in the RPG series.
Featured in the closed alpha on Steam, this new class combines precision skills with ranged weapons and magical trinkets to strike down enemies from afar.
Armed with a bow, the Sharpshooter can fire off a barrage of ranged shots. Like others, the class can be leveled up with more powerful skills to pull off “dirty tricks and regenerate precious ammo.”
The Sharpshooter joins previously announced classes the Dusk Mage, mechanized Forged and locomotive-conducting Railmaster.
Here’s a list of skills for the Sharpshooter hero class:
- Scatter Shot: Use your weapon and do a short-range, wide cone burst of projectiles, each dealing damage. Holding it down increases the damage.
- Heart Seeker: Fire a piercing arrow that knocks enemies back and does weapon damage on hit and leaves them bleeding.
- Targeted Strikes: Fire three piercing shots each dealing weapon damage. Each successive hit to the same target deals extra damage.
- Scout’s Bones: Summon an ancient rat spirit swam that moves slowly, piercing targets for damage and leaves them poisoned.
- Sacrifice to Goose: Call down the great spirit of a great eagle you call ‘Goose,’ who knocks back enemies and applies damage vulnerability to them.
- Loyal Shasta: Summon the spirit of your best friend, Shasta, who deals weapon damage and taunts enemies.
Torchlight 3 began life as Torchlight Frontiers, a free-to-play action-RPG set in the same universe as Torchlight 1 and 2. The game featured a shared, persistent, dynamically generated world. Eariler this year, it was announced the game had undergone a significant design change and is now more in line with previous games in the series. It will still feature co-op, but no longer a shared world.
In development at Echtra Games and led by Max Schaefer, the game releases on PC later this year and is in the works for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.