Gambit changes are a comin’ when Destiny 2 Season of the Drifter launches on March 5.
Bungie has been working on Quality of Life improvements to Gambit ahead of Destiny 2 Season of the Drifter.
Changes being made to the hybrid 4v4 mode are based on the studio’s own experience playing it, as well as feedback collected since Forsaken released.
To give you an idea of what to expect, Bungie posted a sneak peek at some of the changes.
More details and additional quality-of-life changes for Gambit will be provided around Season of the Drifter’s launch.
Destiny 2 Season of the Drifter – Gambit changes
- Changed the third round of Gambit to a Primeval rush sudden death. This will speed up Gambit matches overall and add a change of pace to the final round.
- Overhauled how we choose the invader spawn location and increased the number of invader spawn points for each map. This should greatly reduce the chances of spawning very near or in direct line of sight of an enemy Guardian.
- Implemented Idle Protection which means that players that remain dormant for too long will not receive end-of-match rewards or Infamy points.
- The Triumph “Light vs. Light” can now be progressed by killing any Guardian using a Super, not just invaders. This makes attaining the Dredgen title a less daunting task.
- Adjustments to Blocker types by deposit tier:
- Small Blocker = Taken Goblin with less health than the previous Phalanx.
- Medium Blocker = Taken Captain with more health than the previous Knight.
- Large Blocker = Taken Knight with more health than the previous Ogre.
To get you ready for the change in seasons, Bungie has enabled Triple Infamy for the final week of Season of the Forge.
- Start: February 26 – 9am PST, 12pm EST, 5pm UK, 6pm CET
- End: March 5
Wins, losses, and bounties will all reward you with increased Infamy throughout the week.
If you’re new to Destiny 2 or are looking to complete some more endgame activities before you start the Black Armory questlines, check out our ultimate Destiny 2: Forsaken guide here for more tips, tricks and walkthroughs.