An update for Apex Legends was pushed out this morning, and here’s the patch notes.
Respawn Entertainment released a patch today for Apex Legends, and added Valentines Day cosmetic items to the store.
Along with the new items, the patch fixed and issue where extended timeout was causing players with slower hard drives to crash. The patch also fixed an exploit which allowed players to continue duplicating items in their inventory.
The team also fixed an issue which was causing folks who died on the supply ship to float in the air.
Looking over developer comments on the official reddit thread, Respawn is still looking into what’s causing crashes with no visible error message. The issue has been a bit hard to track down it seems, but the team is working on it.
Also addressed was a number of bugs with “geo-like holes” on the map and more.
You can look over the full patch notes for today’s Apex Legends update below. Be sure to check out our Apex Legends guide if you’re just getting started.
Apex Legends patch notes
Valentine’s Days – Store items
- Added “Live Die Live” Banner Badge: Revive a member of your squad between 2/13 and 2/19 to earn this limited time badge.
- Added Valentines Day cosmetic items to the store. They will be live and available in the store starting 2/13 until 2/19 and then they’re gone.
- “Through the Heart” Longbow Epic DMR skin
- “Love of the Game” Pathfinder banner frame
- Various improvements and tweaks to UI.
- Extended timeout that was causing players with slower hard drives to crash.
- Addressed a number of client and server stability issues.
- Fixed exploit where you could keep duplicating items in your inventory.
- Addressed a number of stability and performance issues.
- Fixed issue where players would get a gray screen in lobby when connecting for the first time.
- Fixed issue where your friends list showed all your friends as offline and unable to party.
- Shortened duration of Bloodhound’s Eye of the Allfather clones to remain in the world by 1 second.
- Arc Star now displays a grenade warning indicator.
- Addressed a number bugs with map geo like holes you could fall through and areas that players could get stuck in plus a bunch of other polish issues.
PlayStation Plus Play Pack
- Art updated for the Playstation Plus Play Pack to the Flatline skin and Banner Card and changed the names to Deep Blue. This will affect all players that already have been rewarded the skins as well.