A new update for Fear the Wolves is now available in Steam Early Access.
Fear the Wolves Early Access players will find an update ready to apply when firing up the game today.
Today’s update on Steam is first dedicated to performance optimization, and players should notice a “significant improvement” during gameplay sessions.
Vostok Games said it will continue to work on optimization to ensue the game runs smoothly and reaches “higher performance on all configurations.”
Maps also received a pass with the update and contain more landmarks and topography tweaks. Loot, repartition, and weapons were also balanced.
More additions like new languages are available, along with queuing for new games while in spectator mode. Visuals have been improved and more content was added.
Full change log is below.
Fear the Wolves update 3 notes
- Teams has been condensing models and creating new LODs to improve performance. Optimization is the top priority, and this will always be worked on throughout Early Access and even post-launch.
New Customization Sets
- Unlock the Edge and the Gangster sets
- Kill-hungry players will be pleased to know that player and wolf kills are added to the rewards at the end of each match. More difficult kills like headshots, vehicle kills, grenade kills, and melee kills are also rewarded with bonus points.
- You can queue for the next game while spectating
10 Additional Languages
- French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Polish, Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Hungarian and Turkish. You can now change these directly in game.
- Updated anomaly effects, weather effects, and a variety of new shooting VFX
- Several new points of interests have been added to the map, including complex industrial and urban settings. These dense and complex multi-storied buildings have loot on all levels so be careful and thorough.
Several parts of the map’s topography have been changed, as below:
- Gas Storage
- Old Dam
- Concrete Plant
- Points of Interest
- Security Checkpoint
- RLS Vostok
- RLS Duga
- Wolves will no longer spawn in the air or in the ground.
- Players will no longer fall through the ground when getting out of a vehicle that has been parked on a hill.
- The Fort 17 pistol will now always have a magazine present inside the gun when seen in 3rd person.
- Grass should no longer be growing in the air.
- Various other tweaks and fixes
Quality of life
- Toggle for movement keys – ADS, Crouch, Walk, Sprint, Hold Breathe
- Ammo is removed for dropped weapon
- Increased map precision
- Compass – By popular demand
- Evacuation messages were removed, to cause players to pay more attention to when the chopper was arriving
- Additional sound effects
- Improved screen effects
- Fixed overlap between likes and FPS/Ping when turned on
- Squad radiation status display