Check out this new story trailer for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite.
A new video was released today for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite, and the cinematic trailer highlights some of the elements of story mode.
You’ll become familiar with key plot points, and how heroes from both universes are coming together to stop Ultron Sigma.
Additional information and gameplay details on Jedah, Dormammu, Firebrand, and Ghost Rider, which were recently announced, will be provided during gamescom next week. The new reveals brought the final roster at launch to 30 characters.
While post launch characters will be revealed at a later date, you can look over the current roster through our handy Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite post which also touches upon rumored characters.
Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite features a variety of single-player and multiplayer offerings, and while we’ve touched upon these in the past, here’s a list of both offline and online modes and features for your convenience.
Offline Modes and Features
- Story – puts players at the center of a fierce battle as heroes from both universes come together to stop Ultron Sigma, the combined form of two robotic villains.
- Arcade – recreates the classic arcade experience. Keep winning to move forward and confront the final boss in an epic showdown of skills.
- Mission – players can do various tutorial missions, or try their hand at advanced character-specific challenges.
- Training – set up a training area with various parameters and hone skills to improve fighting abilities.
- Vs. Player 2 – go head-to-head against another player locally.
- Vs. CPU – play solo against an AI-controlled opponent.
- Collection – the Dr. Light Database contains numerous unlockable items, including cut scenes from the story mode, character/stage information, concept artwork and character/stage audio tracks.
Online Modes and Features
- Ranked Match – battle other players online to advance in the rankings.
- Casual Match – battle other players online without the results affecting the rankings.
- Beginners League – a special league fought between players of Rank 14 or lower.
- Lobby – search for or create a lobby where up to 8 players can engage in simultaneous player-vs-player matches.
- Rankings – view the rankings of players from all over the world.
- Replay Settings – configure replay settings and view replays.
Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite will be released on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One worldwide on September 19.