A look at the first DLC Pack for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, The Master Trials, was shown by Nintendo today, along with a look at DLC Pack 2, The Champion’s Ballad.
Daruk, Mipha, Revali, Urbosa and were shown off as champions includes in the DLC. Amiibo for the characters will also be released and can be used for the game.
The DLC, as previously reported will be released holiday 2017.
E3 2017 @ VG247
Want even more? Visit our show hub for all the news, trailers and games from E3 2017.
Meanwhile, The Master Trials, DLC Pack 1 for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, will arrive on June 30 which is inline with the northern summer release window Nintendo provided previously.
The video above provides you with a look at both DLC, and Nintendo also released a new set of images for The Master Trials.
Details on the DLC were provided in May, but here’s a recap of what’s included:
- Trial of the Sword – A 45 room, wave-based combat challenge which starts Link off with no weapons or equipment. Make it to the end and “the true power of the Master Sword awakens”.
- Hero’s Path Mode – Shows the player their route through the last 200 hours of play. This will allow players to see which areas they may not have explored.
- Hard Mode – Enemies will gradually regain health and are all one power level higher than usual. They can also have higher maximum levels.
- Travel Medallion – Slotting this item allows Link to pin a location on the game map and fast travel.
- New Equipment – Nine new treasure chests will contain new gear themed on older Zelda titles. As you can see in the video and screens, these include Majora’s Mask, Midna’s Helmet, Phantom Armor and Tingle’s Outfit. One contains the Korok Mask which will help with collecting all Koroks. When equipped, the mask shakes whenever one is approached.
The two packs are available only as part of the Expansion Pass which will run you $19.99.