Bioware as released Mass Effect: Andromeda update 1.06, and along with improvements to cinematic scenes, performance and stability, a change in how you romance certain characters was also made.
According to the Mass Effect: Andromeda patch notes, a rather annoying player-reported issue was fixed: SAM will now no longer tell Ryder they have received new email. Finally.
Dialogue options will now no longer appear “greyed out” if a character has more to say, combat and multiplayer balances were made, but unfortunately, players can no longer play the field when it comes to certain females.
Apparently, Cora and Vetra aren’t too keen with Ryder romancing Peebee at the same time because playing the field isn’t kosher in their book. Once the update is applied, players will no longer be able to romance Cora and Peebee at the same time, and this also applies to Vetra and Peebee. Maybe it’s Peebee who has the issue, because melding to her is rather sacred.
Actually, it was bug, and because it has been squashed you’re now forced to make a choice between trio. We have a romance guide for Mass Effect: Andromeda which should help you decide between one of the three.
With the update, players who own the Deluxe or Super Deluxe edition will also receive two custom Nomad skins, a new casual Pathfinder outfit, and an exclusive multiplayer pack with a high chance of receiving an ultra-rare item.
A myriad of multiplayer changes were also applied with patch 1.06, mainly combat balance updates. The improvements were made to the overall experience based on player feedback and developer testing.
Powers and weapons were underperforming at higher difficulties, particularly power combos and assault rifles. As a result, players “relied heavily on the Vanquisher sniper rifle” and melee-focused classes.
Current damage levels were found to significantly slow the pace of games on Gold and Silver difficulties. To fix the issue, Bioware has started overhauling balance in multiplayer, and today’s changes are the first step in that process.
An issue where the player would crouch repeatedly while interacting with device was fixed, deceased characters no longer fall through the floor after an Ascendant attack in the extraction zone on Firebase Icebreaker, and improvements to reduce lag for players and hosts were made.
The multiplayer notes contain more than the aforementioned, are rather extensive, and full of developer commentary.
If you play Mass Effect: Andromeda multiplayer, you will want to give the notes a look through the Bioware Blog.
General patch notes for the core game are listed below.
Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch 1.06 Notes
- Fixed issue that caused singleplayer difficulty to impact multiplayer
- Improved performance and stability
- Various improvements to cinematic scenes
- Fixed issue where SAM would mistakenly tell Ryder they have new email
- Conversation options will no longer appear “greyed out” if new content is available
- Improved legibility of subtitles
- Maximum Nexus Level increased to 29
- Single player balance improvements at higher difficulties.
- Fixed issues with player animations getting stuck when jumping or changing direction repeatedly
- Increased the number of autosaves allowed
- Special items will not carry over into New Game+
- Fixed issue where subtitles would not appear while waiting at the dialogue wheel if subtitles were disabled
- Fixed issue that could cause AVP to reset to zero for all planets except Kadara
- Weapon and armor vendors now carry inventory once player reaches Level 61
- Chest armors now have level restrictions
- Bonus items—such as Pathfinder Armor—can now be deconstructed
- Fusion Mod of Resistance no longer continues to apply evade damage once unequipped
- Improved responsiveness of control sticks
- Fixed clipping issue on Sara Ryder’s casual jacket
- Added graphics options to toggle Motion Blur and Depth of Field
- Fixed issue where Remnant VI would stop attacking
- Turbocharge will not deplete spare ammo when used on a weapon with the Vintage Heat Sink augmentation
- Fixed interaction with datapad in the Search for the Remnant Drive Core mission.
- Fixed issue where squadmate could not be revived if killed by a fiend at Site 2
- Swapping a dead squadmate at a loadout will not cause them to die permanently
- Nexus tram now operates during Nexus Reunion mission even if player has not completed Prologue
- Fixed issue where player could romance both Cora and Peebee
- Fixed issue where player could romance both Vetra and Peebee
- Taking the left path in the Havarl dungeon will not block progression on Remnant Scanner mission.
- Fixed issue on H-047C where enemies could get stuck inside a rock, making them unkillable
- Fixed issue where player couldn’t hide Ryder’s helmet after completing Ark Natanus mission
- Fixed broken Nomad Shield Crafting mission
- Fixed health issues with Architect’s leg that prevented completion of the fight
- Frequency mission on Voeld is no longer blocked if player leaves the area after scanning the meteorite.
- Missing Science Crew mission no longer blocked if Ryder kills the Architect before finishing objectives
- Leaving the Nomad while falling out of bounds no longer results in infinite loading screen
- Fixed issue where Nomad jump control was not remapping
- Fixed issue where Cora slowly fell back to the ground after charging an airborne enemy
- Improved performance on Eos when approaching or fast travelling to Prodromos
- Loading auto-save will not block progress after kett encounter near Site 1 power relay station
- Eliminated player fall through on Tempest after loading autosaves in space
- Reduced the cost of Strike Team equipment and improved its effectiveness
- A default Ryder name can now carry over to New Game+
- PC – Fixed issue where dialogue choices would auto-select when using mouse and keyboard
- PC – Improvements to display when running at different resolutions
- PS4 – Fixed a crash that occurred when sitting in main menu for more than two minutes
- PS4 – Fixed crash that occurred when moving from multiplayer back to the main menu