Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Zombies Chronicles looks to be remasters of older Zombies maps from Black Ops, Black Ops 2, and World at War.
It’s no secret Activision has been preparing a Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 announcement, particularly of interest to the Zombies community.
Called Zombies Chronicles, this add-on has yet to be officially announced, despite being rated by the ESRB, and popping up on some retailers’ websites. Well, now we know more about it thanks to the most recent message of the day in Black Ops 3.
Reddit user LackingAGoodName found references to Zombies Chronicles in the game files following the the publishing of the message of the day. With the help of another user, the files were decrypted to reveal what looks to be the entire content of the pack.
Here’s what’s been found: “Includes eight classic remastered maps for Call of Duty Zombies: World at War, Call of Duty: Black Ops, and Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. Complete original saga maps remastered in HD available on Call of Duty: Black Ops 3,” the description reads.
“Experience the remastered zombie collection and experience the undead story first on PS4.”
- Three maps from Call of Duty: World at War: Nacht der Untoten, Verruckt and Shi No Numa
- Four maps from Call of Duty: Black Ops: Kino Der Toten, Ascension, Shangri-la and Moon
- One map from Call of Duty: Black Ops 2: Origins
- Takeo and Richtofen Calling Cards
- Dempsey and Nikolai Calling Cards
- Zombies Heroes Animated Calling Cards
- Limited Edition Camouflage Tin Can
This all seems very plausible, and, according to a Zombies YouTuber JCbackfire, official announcement is expected this Thursday at 10am PT.
We’ll keep you updated as we hear more.