Nioh has plenty more content to offer, free and paid alike.
Nioh developer Team Ninja has outlined its immediate post-release support plans.
Drawing on a Japanese livestream, Gematsu reports Nioh players can expect two free updates across the next two months, followed by three DLC packs. Here’s the schedule:
- In late March, Team Ninja will release a free Nioh update with 10 high difficulty missions, including boss rush-style missions.
- In late April, another free update will add a PvP update to Nioh.
- The first Nioh DLC, Dragon of Tohoku, also arrives in late April. It includes new weapons, scenarios, characters, guardian spirits, yokai and stages.
- The second Nioh DLC is called Japan’s Best Warrior and has not been dated.
- The third Nioh DLC is called Peaceful and Tranquil and has not been dated.
Nioh seems to be pretty popular at the moment; it definitely owes a lot to the Souls series but get past that first hour and hit the second boss to see just how much it differs; Team Ninja’s fabled action skills take the game in a pretty different direction.
Anyway, the fervent, growing Nioh fanbase ought to be pretty pleased with these updates; let’s hope there’ll be more free missions later on, too.