Those playing Dishonored 2 on PC are reporting performance issues with the title.
Issues noted on the Dishonored subreddit, the Bethesda community forums, and on Steam as well, include flickering black screen after loading in full screen mode; performance drops after Alt-Tabbing out of the game, and various other optimization issues.
Arkane Studios has noted on the Bethesda website that it is working on all current issues. In the meantime, it has offered suggestions to help better the playing experience. The studios said the patch and its release notes will be available in the coming days.
- Avoid using Alt-Tab when playing. Relaunch the game if you see performance dropping after using Alt-tab.
- Avoid having background applications running in addition to the game.
- If you have performance issues, try lowering the resolution.
- Use 1440p resolution only if you have a very high-end GPU ( GTX 1070/1080 or equivalent)
- Keep the V-Sync activated, especially if you have large framerate fluctuations.
- If you have framerate under 30 fps, adjust the “Adaptive Resolution” between minimum (50%) and default value (75%).
- Use the “Auto” presets: this should adjust your visual settings without impacting your framerate.
- If you still have performance issues with “Auto” presets:
- Try deactivating the “TXAA Anti-Aliasing”
- Try lowering the texture details
Dishonored 2 releases tomorrow on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Those who pre-ordered are able to play it today.