One more patch left before League of Legends World Championship kicks off.
League of Legends has received a new update to bring some tweaks to the game ahead of the World Championship. Update 6.17 is mostly about fine tuning, as the studio doesn’t want to change the game too much before the big show.
There’s one other update in the works, releasing just before the World Championship, which takes place September 29. The adjustments are aimed at the highest level of the game, and won’t affect the majority of players. They’re also not technically complex, to prevent any bugs from occurring.
Turret AI has been improved, to make it respond better to enemy attacks when an allied player is too far away. Previously, turrets wouldn’t fire at enemies, even if they’re within range and are attacking.
See a list of the bug fixes below:
- Removed custom PROJECT chest animations from Hextech Crafting to mitigate a client memory issue that could lead to crashes. Unopened PROJECT chests will still be in your inventory and will still award the same loot, but will use the Premium (purple) Hextech chest animations.
- Fixed a bug where attempting to use the minimap to select a target for a long-range targeted ability (ex. Teleport) could instead target a unit hidden underneath the minimap if the cursor happened to be hovering over that unit
- Players can no longer get stuck in weird states (ex. every button is a ping) if they switch to a different window at the exact moment they input a command
- Fixed a bug where Kalista’s Passive – Martial Poise dash was overwriting other displacement effects (ex. clicking on Thresh’s W – Dark Passage, being hit by Lee Sin’s R – Dragon’s Rage)
- Kha’Zix no longer loses R – Void Assault’s stealth when activating Youmuu’s Ghostblade
- Fixed a bug where Lee Sin’s Q – Resonating Strike dealt no damage if cast while dashing via W – Safeguard
- Fixed a bug where Leona’s E – Zenith Blade displayed no visuals to enemies if Leona cast it in Fog of War and flashed into vision during the cast time
- Nasus now gains Q – Siphoning Strike stacks when last-hitting Gangplank’s Powder Kegs
- “Snap-casting” Sion’s Q – Decimating Strike now properly deals damage in the minimum area of effect, rather than the larger “fully charged” area
- Fixed a bug where launching a minion with Sion’s E – Roar of the Slayer while it’s knocked up by Q – Decimating Strike sometimes caused the minion to deal no damage to units it passed through
- Tahm Kench’s R – Abyssal Voyage description in Champion Select is no longer blank
- Fixed a bug where Twitch’s E – Contaminate sometimes wasn’t dealing damage to enemies acquired at the very edge of its range
- Fixed a bug where Yasuo’s first basic attack after R – Last Breath was delayed if it was a critical strike
- Fixed a bug where Zilean’s Q – Time Bomb wasn’t damaging attached enemies if they were untargetable when the bomb exploded
- Fixed a bunch of bugs where some instant area of effect abilities (ex. Cho’Gath’s W – Feral Scream) were dealing damage to untargetable champions when cast while those units were untargetable
- Fixed a bunch of bugs where some dash abilities would fizzle or act oddly when cast during a knock-back effect
- Fixed a bug where Rift Scuttler’s resistances weren’t weakened by short-duration hard crowd control effects
- Morgana’s knees no longer pop through her dress during her run animation
- Syndra’s arms are no longer stretchy when she dies
- Runaan’s Hurricane bolts on SKT T1 Kalista’s basic attacks are now golden, matching her spears (versus spooky green like her base skin)
- Fixed a bug where buff VFX (ex. Banshee’s Veil) weren’t following SKT T1 Elise’s movements during several of her animations
- Improved readability of PROJECT: Ashe’s R – Enchanted Crystal Arrow to use a more clear arrow shape and brighter effect
- Improved readability of PROJECT: Ekko’s passive indicator rings
- Dark Star Thresh’s corpse no longer gets stuck in a T-pose if he dies while casting Q – Death Sentence
- Adjusted Dark Star Thresh’s W – Dark Passage toss animation to not look like Syndra’s W – Force of Will
- Restored ambient swirly effects around Challenger Ahri’s orb
- Sandstorm Katarina’s taunt animation is no longer twice as fast as her other skins
And here’s a quick recap of the big changes from the official League of Legends Instagram.
Alongside the bug fixes and turret AI improvements, a lot of heroes have been touched up. These are: Annie, Ashe, Corki, Diana, Draven, Evelynn, Ezreal, Gangplank, Gragas, Jayce, Jhin, Jinx, Kennen, Kled, Malphite, Morgana, Orianna, Poppy, Rek’Sai, Riven, Ryze, Sivir, Thresh, Trundle, Vayne, Veigar, Vi. Three new skins in Arcade Ahri, Arcade Corki, and Arcade Ezreal have been added, too.