The Tomorrow Children will launch its early access programme next month.
The Tomorrow Children, the survival/action social MMO from Pixeljunk creators Q-Games, has switched business models to be free-to-play. The free-to-play version will launch in the coming months, but you can buy your way in early.
As with many games that opt for the free-to-play route, The Tomorrow Children’s initial access period will be available only to those who purchase the Founders Pack. This $20 pack includes a number of items, and lets you play as early as September 6.
It comes with a few pieces of in-game content, DLC items, 100 in-game currency (Freeman Dollars), and exclusive bonus content. Anyone who buys it gets to invite up to five of their friends to play early. Those invited will then have the option to continue playing for free, or purchase a Founders Pack themselves.
Q-Games president Dylan Cuthbert says included content is worth more than $30. Here’s everything it gets you:
- Bourgeoisie papers — This is your first step to becoming a resident of The Void. By earning the “rezidenty” status, player’s will have the privilege to participate in creating structures and items to build your town, access to new tools, and the ability to build your very own house within the town. Also includes five F2P invitations to send to friends.
- Lv1 Arms License — Unlocks access to higher-tier weapons at the weapons dealer in town (purchase items with in-game currency earned by completing various labor tasks).
- Lv1 Tools License — Unlocks access to higher tier tools at the tool dealer in town (purchase items with in-game currency earned by completing various labor tasks).
- Eagle Corp. Jetpack — This high-end Black Market paid item will take you to new heights, allowing you to reach otherwise inaccessible areas on tops of “islands” to mine resources and find hidden items.
- Special costume — “Miner Gear” costume to customize your in-game “projection clone” character.
- Exclusive PSN avatar pack — This is a pack containing three exclusive PSN avatars limited to the Founders Pack.
- 1000 Freeman Dollars — Currency that can be used at the black market to purchase a variety of high-powered weapons, tools, and more, and can also be used as bribes to government officials for quick personal benefit. (This is separate from the in-game credits collected from the town’s City Hall after completing various labor tasks, which are used at the normal vendors in town.)
Founders Packs will be replaced Frontier Pack bundle prior to launch, but details of that are yet to be announced.