Did you make the cut?
We’re excited today to announce the long-list for our first public writing competition, The VG247 Games Writing Award 2015.
The ultimate winner, who’ll receive the prize of publication on VG247 and £100, will be announced on the site at 2pm UK time on December 22.
Congratulations to everyone who made it past the first round, and thanks to everyone who entered. We had a fantastic response and will hold more writing contests next year.
Please don’t be disheartened if you entered and your name doesn’t appear below. Nearly 100 people submitted articles and someone has to come first. Our opinion is just that: it doesn’t mean you’re untalented or your message is invaluable, only that your piece didn’t appeal to us right now. Keep trying. Writing is about dedication. Amazing things can happen if you don’t quit.
The entries were judged by myself, Brenna Hillier and Matt Martin.
Here’s the long-list.
- Love is not a flow chart – Paul Cosgrove
- Game time – the frustration of growing up – Wesley Williams
- Let’s talk about sex, baby – Alice Savage
- When is so much 16-bit too much? – Phil Kowalski
- You have earned a trophy: increased confidence – Iwan Lehnert
- Why diversity in video games matters – as explained via cake – Sam Sharp
- A gamer’s guide to masturbation – Violet Rose