You need to check this out right now.
You’re probably seeing a lot of people giving advice on how to raise your Light level in Destiny: The Taken King. We’re certainly thinking about it a great deal. Not that we’re obsessed, or anything.
All the info in articles like the one we wrote this morning is right and completely legit, but there’s a single trick with decoding blue engrams that will accelerate your Light level at, appropriately, light speed.
This is, by a considerable distance, the fastest method we’ve seen for raising Light level in The Taken King so far. I just visited the Cryptarch at 263 and left at 275. The Taken King decodes the engrams in relation to your current level, so the higher your Light level, the higher the level of the blue gear the engrams produces.
Here’s how you do it.
Firstly, save up a ton of engrams. Do this by just playing the game, and especially hitting the Strikes. Remember, the tougher the challenge, the more likely you are to get blue and purple drops. Run a few activities and hang onto all the engrams. Stick them in the Vault, if need be. Just make sure you have a good bunch before you go see the Cryptarch.
Now follow these instructions.
- If any of your engrams are purple, leave them till last.
- Decode one blue engram.
- Don’t open any more! Instead, press the “not now” button and open your character screen.
- Check to see if the gear you just received is higher than the gear you have equipped. If it is, equip it.
- Now go back to the Cryptarch and decode one more blue engram. Then quit out, check to see if the gear has a higher stat and equip it if it does.
- Repeat this process until you have no more blues left and then, and only then, decode the purples.
At the time of writing, this works in a pretty major way. Good luck!