Independent by Design is a kickstarter project from our very own Stace Harman and John Robertson, that explores the world of some of the most renowned indie developers and their experiences.
The studios covered range from projects undertaken by a lone developer, to much larger groups on the opposite end of the scale, and I’m sure you’ll recognise more than a few names that appear in the book:
- 11 bit studios (Anomaly, This War of Mine)
- Vlambeer (Ridiculous Fishing, Luftrausers)
- Acid Wizard Studio (Darkwood)
- Roll7 (OlliOlli, Not a Hero)
- The Chinese Room (Dear Esther, Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture)
- Lucas Pope (The Curse of Obra Dinn, Papers, Please)
- Cellar Door Games (Rogue Legacy, Don’t Shit Your Pants)
- Tom Francis (Gunpoint, Heat Signature)
- Failbetter Games (Fallen London, Sunless Sea)
- Subset Games (FTL)
- Croteam (Serious Sam, The Talos Principle)
- Chris Hecker (Spy Party, Indie Game Jam co-founder)
- Frictional Games (Penumbra, Amnesia, SOMA)
- Deconstructeam (Ages of Irving, Gods Will Be Watching)
- Messhof (Flywrench, Nidhogg)
- Dennaton (Hotline Miami, Hotline Miami 2)
- Introversion Software (Darwinia, Defcon, Prison Architect)
- inXile Entertainment (Wasteland 2, Torment: Tides of Numenera)
The kickstarter is currently a quarter of the way towards its goal of £20,000 with seven tiers rewards starting at £20 and going all the way up to £200, which gets you an invite to the launch party, so you can all get drunk and make merry before having the book delivered.
Head over to their kickstarter page for more info or to make a pledge.