As reported last week, PlayStation Vue will soft launch today in New York, Chicago and Philadelphia.
The cloud-based TV service allows PlayStation 4 and PS3 users to watch live and on-demand TV content over the Internet for $49.99 per month.
Fox News Networks, AMC Networks, and Turner Broadcasting have also been announced as content partners.
Over 85 channels are available at launch, including many local broadcast stations. These include the following networks and channels:
- CBS – On-demand prime-time programming will be available as well.
- Discovery Communications – Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, Science, OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, Velocity and 11 more brands.
- Fox – FX, FXX, FXM, National Geographic Channel and Nat Geo WILD. Additionally FOX Sports’ national and regional programming services – FOX Sports 1, FOX Sports 2, BTN, Fox’s regional sports networks, including YES Network. Plus the live linear signals of the Fox owned and operated broadcast television stations.
- Fox News Network – Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network.
- NBCUniversal – Bravo, Chiller, Cloo, CNBC, CNBC World, E!, Esquire, Golf Channel, MSNBC, NBCSN, NBC UNIVERSO, Oxygen, Sprout, Syfy, Universal HD and USA. NBC and Telemundo owned television stations, as well as multiple NBC Sports Regional Networks.
- Scripps Networks Interactive – HGTV, Food Network, Travel Channel, DIY Network and Cooking Channel.
- Turner Broadcasting –TBS, TNT, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, CNN, CNN en Espanol, Boomerang, Turner Classic Movies (TCM), HLN and truTV.
- Viacom – BET, CMT, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr, TV Land, Spike, VH1 and more.
- AMC Networks – AMC, IFC, SundanceTV and WE tv (available next month).
Additional partnerships will be announced at a later date.
PlayStation Vue comes in three packages: The Access package costs $49.99 per month; the Core package costs $59.99; and the Elite package costs $69.99 per month.
Pricing is competitive with satellite and cable providers such as Comcast, DISH Net and DirecTV.
Additional markets will launch later this year. PlayStation Vue will also become available on iPad and other devices in the near future.