Evolve’s review embargo has lifted and although critics have had access to retail code ahead of launch, they’re cagey about putting a score on it.
Evolve reviews so far are mostly positive but many of the big outlets have decided to withold a score, describe the coverage as something other than a review, or to note that the score is subject to change.
As an online-focused game, Evolve has a chance of going through the same sorts of horror as Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Driveclub or, further back, Diablo 3.
We’ll have more scores for you through the day as they come in, but it looks like not everybody wanted to present coverage when the review embargo lifted. Things change, amirite? I’m not sure how much help this is to you as consumers, but the is the new industry we’re all adjusting to.
- ShackNews – 7
- Gamespot – 8
- Polygon 8 but score “provisional” pending live multiplayer
- PC Gamer – score withheld pending live multiplayer
- IGN – 9
- Eurogamer – score withheld pending live multiplayer
- GameTrailers – “pre-launch report”
- GameInformer – 8.5
- Kotaku – “impressions”
- The Escapist – 4.5/5
- Venture Beat – review in progress
- Games Radar – review in progress
- Metro – 6
- The Jimquisition – 6
- Attack of the Fanboy – 4.5/5
- Digital Trends – 4.5/5
- Slant Magazine – 4/5
- EGM – 6.5
Evolve arrives on PC, PS4 and Xbox One on February 10.